Skip to main content

Dance fever

This weekend one of my friends/coworkers got married. She had a beautiful, elegant, simple wedding and we had a blast, including my little party animal. No normally I would never consider taking a 3 year old to a wedding reception. One - it is my time to enjoy adults with my husband and take in an evening of fun, Two - usually weddings=drunken guests and I don't really feel it is an environment for children to be hanging out in and Three - I hate my daughter being off her sleeping schedule because it makes her a rotten brat :) But I broke down and made the exception because Adriana (the Bride) insisted that I bring her.

She thinks that Olena is the poster child for Ukraine and adoption, and her friends who are also adopting international were going to be there and they needed some hope, she figured Olena was the perfect way to do this. (they started in Russia in 2004 - agency didn't get accredited so they changed to China in 2/2005 they have been waiting to travel since then) Well my daughter was the hit of the party. She was a dancing maniac, only leaving the dance floor long enough to scarf down some salmon and broccoli, she even passed on the excellent piece of raspberry torte wedding cake so that she could dance. Then she figured out who the photographer was and insisted that he take several pictures of her while dancing, She befriended the priest who she blessed with a beautiful song of Oh McDonald Had a Farm, she managed to make it into about 99% of the pictures that were taken at the hall, and she not only had the groom wrapped around her finger, but the entire Team of rugby players that also were in attendance. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. She was constantly dancing with someone. She was calling the men by their nicknames, her favorite being Moose! she had every person at that wedding taking pictures and gushing over her. That is what Jason and I call the paparazzi fiascoes. This is "normal" occurrence when taking her out with us! Anyhow we had a great time, she partied her little butt off until about 9:30 and then passed out cold in the car before we even got out of the parking lot.

Congratulations to Adriana and Ben - who are now basking in the sun of Aruba !

Also, Gene, our translator from Ukraine is collecting tee shirts from each State, if anyone has any XL State tee shirts, even gently used ones are fine, please email me. I was going to put together a care package and send it over in a few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Being brave the best way she knows how.

Olena has a big issue with getting her nails clipped. This has been a problem since bringing her home and though it has improved a bit in four years, it is still a 45 minute fight just to trim her fingers and toes. She has never been hurt - she just has a problem with it due to her sensory disorder - she is extremely over sensitive when it comes to her feet or hands. I am cutting her nails the other day.... O: do you have to cut the baby one too? M: Yes! O:NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, not the baby one OK? M: I have to, it's really long O: NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, its my dragon claw. M: I still have to cut it O: NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO, just leave it ok! Leave them all. I can do it. M: how? you don't know how to use the clippers. O: like this! (as she attempts to put her toes in her mouth and act like she biting the nails off) M: that's just wrong....not to mention disgusting. I need to cut them. Please give me your foot. O: (as nervous as be) just wait a minute.....**big sigh**....(gr