Skip to main content

Slacker....

So much for a daily diary of our lives. Though my intentions are there, I just haven't felt like being on the computer. The weather is finally getting nice, my chores have been stepped up a notch and at the end of the night, sitting here trying to write something logical, just doesn't seem appealing to me. Good news is that I do have a few interesting things to post about...

We are MOVING!!!! not anytime real soon, but within the next year. Jason and I finally made the decision to put the house up for sale next spring. This is a bittersweet decision. This is my first house, the house that I built my marriage in, and my family. This is also the home that Lana has grown to love and found comfort in But on the other hand I am singing with glory right now. We need something bigger. 3 big dogs, 2 cats, a lot of crap, and 3 people in a 1000 sq ft house. We're like sardines.

Bad part of this of course is the market is not very promising right now, but we weighed our options and though we won't make much money by selling this house, we will even out by hopefully getting a great deal on a bigger house. This next one will be the house that I will raise my family in, and the house I plan on staying in until all of my kids are out of school so this has to be good :) My hopes are set on a 5 bedroom colonial, 2 bath, den, formal dining room, basement, big porch, barn or 3 car garage and a decent sized fenced in lot. I want to live in a neighborhood, but not a subdivision. If I dream big, I would LOVE a Victorian.

Around here we will be busy little bees. We have a list of projects that will need to be completed this summer so that things are ready to roll in the spring. Big project will be our floors. We will be laying ceramic tile in the kitchen and mud room, and pulling up the carpet in the family room to refinish the original wood floor. (hopefully I can manage to keep the dogs from destroying it before selling time!!) Also I need some ideas for my cabinets. Currently they are painted but they chip easily. We have already painted them 3 times since living here (7 years) I was thinking about stripping and staining them but that could take forever, and I am not sure what the wood even looks like under the 100 year old layers of paint! replacing them is out of the question, that is too much money that we won't recoup.

Olena is doing alright, we have been undergoing some behavior issues the past few weeks, and she has been sick with a virus for the last 4 days or so. 102 temp, impetigo from the fever, and a bad case of the crabbies!! Since being home from KY her speech has made some significant improvement. She started using "I" and has started stringing sentences together using verbs etc. On the way to school the other day, she looked at me and said " I...like....Lana's mommy's....hair! " granted that one wasn't fully correct but it was funny because as soon as she said it, you could see the light bulb go on above her head. Her eyes got real big and she got this huge smile on her face. So all the way to school she said sentence after sentence about things that she liked! It was so cute. She has also become very independent and everything is " I will do mommy" or "NNNOOOOO thak you, I will do IT"

I was so happy to read about Lyra riding the two wheeler...way to go LYRA!!! Lana still can't even petal her bike. We have tried everything. In the next couple of weeks, with the tax rebate...we will support the economy and go to the shopping at the bike shop. Jason and I went yesterday and picked out two new Schwinn bikes and a bike buggy trailer to pull Olena in. I think she will love it. I can't wait. I'll post pictures when we get them!

Comments

Tonya said…
You need to move south. For what you sell your house for up there, you could easily get your 5 bedroom colonial down here. I vote for a move to Birmingham.

Lyra has started using "me" instead of "Leelah". She is also using "you" instead of everyone's names. We are still working on "I". She hasn't quite gotten that down yet. Maybe by next year, they will be able to talk to each other:).

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.