Skip to main content

Monday blues

Normally I do not dread Mondays, but today was an exception. If I could have crawled into bed at 9am, put the covers over my head and wait until Tuesday to come back out I would have!

I can always tell first thing in the morning what mood my little angel will be in and sure enough the second she came into my room at 7am and started barking orders at me about what she wanted, I knew it was going to be a rough day. She sassed and whined all morning while I tried to get her and I ready for the day.
Then when it was time to get dressed for work, I realized that I had no clean work pants! URG!!! So I frantically started yelling at the hubby and he proceeded to tell me that no laundry was done over the weekend because we ran out of laundry soap and no one bothered to make anymore. I was fuming...who was too lazy to make it? and now I know that means I have to wait at least until tomorrow to do a load because it takes a good 24 hours for the soap to solidify!! who's bright idea was it to make our own laundry soap anyway?? sigh! I wore a pair of Capri's and got over it and figured the day must go on.
Work wasn't too bad but I was very disappointed about coming home to a messy house, and a husband who was running out the door as I came in. This frustrated me because just yesterday we formulated a new desperately needed schedule and that was washed down the tubes already on the first day! Oh and did I forget to mention that my darling daughter was still acting like the spawn of Chuckie!
I figured to buy me some time to get the house straightened up and dinner started I would give her a bath. I added bubbles since that is the norm, and to my surprise I came back into the bathroom as she was screaming she hates bubbles and there were bubbles and water EVERYWHERE all over my bathroom. She was taking a toy pan scooping out the bubbles, of course getting water in the process, and FLINGING it out of the tub. I could have died!! It took 3 beach towels and the mop to soak up the mess. Did I mention I hate Mondays!!
Amazingly dinner and bed time took place without a glitch and I am now I am thankful that the day is coming to an end.

Funny little story. Yesterday I decided to try the soap in the Olena's mouth for when she back talks. I had a bar of soap from the earth day expo that I knew was nontoxic so sure enough she was sassy in the evening so I had her bring her stool into the middle of the living room, stand on it and put the bar of soap in her mouth. After a brief lecture I turned my back to get my water and when I walked back into the living room she was eating the darn soap, and with a SMILE on her face!! Good Lord! only my daughter. So now I need to find a less tasty version of this punishment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.