Skip to main content

Lots to life, but little to say

Things have been buzzing around here, and even though there has been a steady pace of interesting days I haven't had much motivation to write. However, I have TONS of things rattling around in this head of mine.



First things first, Door to Door Organics ...check out the website. If you are in one of their service States and areas I highly recommend their services. I signed up with them about a month ago and Jason and I couldn't be happier with the service and the quality of food we get. For $23 we get what they call the "Bitty Box". well this so called bitty box is pretty big box stuffed with fruits and veggies. We get a delivery every week on Wednesday morning. They offer you the opportunity to substitute for any produce you don't want, you can order additional groceries - which are delivered with your produce, and every week they have given us 3-4 additional servings of various produce. Such as last week, in addition to my order I got a bunch of 4 bananas, a bunch of collard greens, and 2 pink grape fruit. You can log onto their site and see the exact farm that your produce comes from too. Believe it or not, this has been saving me money too. 80% of the time, I end up going to market merely because I need produce. Of course with my lack of will power and the idea that I "may need" this later, I always end up getting a few more things than just the produce. Now instead of going to the market every week, I have been going every other week. Give it a try! You can cancel at any time if you don't like, though I couldn't imagine why.



SNOW SNOW SNOW...so for those of you readers outside of our Michigan borders. We are covered in snow. And LOTS of it. I was so happy. It has been quite a few years since we have been blessed with snow so early in December. This is how I remember winter as a kid. Over the last decade or so, we have been counting down the days until Christmas and praying for at least a light covering of the fluffy white wonder! I don't know how you Southerners and Westerners handle green, warm Christmas' but I personally love the snow.



Imagine going for a walk, somewhere quiet - the day is completely still with no wind. The only thing you hear is the snow crunching under your boots. Your warm, but the air you breath is frigid yet clear and clean. Hopefully it is first thing in the morning because just as the sun rises the rays bounce off the snow and sparkle like thousands of diamonds around you...it is just so magical to me and always has been. That is why I love winter.



On a sad note, my grandmother passed away last week. This is the first time I have lost a grandparent and I obviously don't look forward to what will ultimately reoccur in the years to come. I have many cherished childhood memories with my grandma. She always had fun things at the house for me to play with. Lots of Barbie stuff. Cool stuff no one else had like a soda fountain machine, or the Mr. Gameshow game. She was also a southern woman who could cook a darn good meal. A few of my favorites, surprisingly enough was the scrambled eggs in the morning, the fresh Polish sausage at Christmas or her potato salad. Yum! I still have never tasted any other as good as hers. As a child...she knew how to make me feel special and loved. I will never forget that about her.

Olena - she is now 32 lbs! this is a huge milestone!! She had been 29lbs for about 2 years now. LOL! It is very strange to watch a little girl grow up so much, get taller and fit into bigger clothes, yet her weight never changed.

She is doing as well as expected. Winter is usually the dreaded time of the year. She is not a child who can be cooped up in the house all day so we try to break it up and get her out of the house to do things but with the weather and of course other daily obligations leaving the house for a "field trip" every day is not always feasible. I have decided to move on and work on a new curriculum for her and my goal is to have a whole new schedule and approach ready to start in the New Year. She really enjoys using the computer so I have added some more computer time and invested in an online lesson plan which has proven itself worthy thus far. I am not completely satisfied with it, but it earns a B in my book! and I think I may keep it for the final cut. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed but all I keep thinking to myself is that the New Year will bring good change and a new start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.