Skip to main content
My only reason for lack of posts, is lack of motivation. Not a very energetic start to the New Year but there is lots to share.

Christmas was wonderful, we spent time with family and friends...managed to keep things simple and calm and rang in the New Year sitting on my couch with my husband.

Olena went sledding for the first time, and of course the thrill seeking over stimulated little girl had a BLAST. She screamed with intense joy all the way down, never fell off and never spun around backwards. A pro from the start!! but because she is so darn light she travelled half way across the park. I felt bad because she had to walk so far before even having to hike back up the hill. True trooper though and never gave up. In fact we had to make her leave after an hour and half because her cheeks were so cold and pink I was fearful of frostbite. I didn't take pictures though which is a bummer, but J and I sledded too and I didn't want to risk breaking it.

She also learned how to ice skate this week. My mom got her a pair of double bladed figure skates and she is fascinated with it. Our entire street is ice covered so we went up and down the block. Then while visiting my parents for a few days, my amazing mother built her a rink and from what I heard the obsession continued. My mom has those pictures so I will try to get them up in the next week or so. :)

I signed O up for gymnastics again. A new gym opened about 5 minutes from the house and with cabin fever setting in I figured now is a better time than ever. It is an advance kindergarten class and will last 1.5hour. Mom's excited because all I keep thinking about is the fact that I will get at least one solid hour of reading time to myself. That's priceless. :)

Some of the most exciting news of the night, I got my own office/school room. Jason calls it my Labatory. I LOVE IT> I LOVE IT> I LOVE IT!! We had to give up the guest room and unfortunately whoever stays over will have to sleep on the air mattress but having this room is amazing. The space, the ability to have everything right here for us, the privacy, the organization, everything about it is perfect for Homeschooling. I couldn't be happier. It took some convincing on Jason's part, but he finally agreed.



Olena's 6th birthday is next week. Thursday. She has grown so much, physically and mentally, in the last 2 weeks or so, the reality of her age is starting to set in. Of course, as all mothers do I am dwelling on the fact that my baby is growing up. I am so blessed to have such an amazing daughter. I am sitting her thinking of words to describe her...most little girls are summed up with words like nurturing, sweet, loving and creative. Olena....well Olena is surely not your typical little girl.

Energetic. Boisterous. Loyal. Cheeky. Funny. Bold.
She doesn't like to cuddle very much, she would rathered be tickled than snuggled. She does not play with dolls. Books, puzzles and HotWheels consume her play time. She pretends to be a different animal every day. She LOVES animals, but not in a lovey dovey kind of way. You don't find her in the bedroom brushing or loving our dogs. She is usually playing wrestle mania with them or torturing them in some kind of way. Her love for animals comes by learning about them. She constantly looks through animal "encyclopedia" books, wants to know where every animals lives, eats, how they walk, how they run, what there babies are like, and if they are mean or nice. Her imagination is beyond belief. She sleeps with about 100 things in her bed. It drives me crazy and I can take everything out 20 times a night, only to return and find everything back in bed with her. and did I mention, she is perfect in every way!
Happy 6th Birthday.

Comments

Tonya said…
YAY! I can see the word verification which means I can comment!!

First off, your school room sounds lovely. I love having a place to keep our stuff other than the dining room but we still end up doing school all over the house. sigh.

Second, O looks like she has actually GROWN! What's up with that!:) I guess you don't see them in a while and they do that, don't they. Lyra will probably look huge to you. She's been doing that growing thing too. Let's spank 'em!

We miss you guys!
Ya! lets tell them that they are not allowed to grow any more and that they have to stay our little ones forever!!!!! Ya think they'll go for it?

Olena, Have the happiest birthday ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angelina
Pamela & Brian too

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.