Skip to main content

So Christina whatcha been up to???

  • Much to my surprise I won employee of the month!!! this is fabulous and it was a big shock.  I know I am an awesome employee ;O) but we also have several others who contribute a lot to our Company.  Yay for me! I haven't received my "prize" yet but I will let you know as soon as I get it!
  • Our backyard is completely filled with mazes of wood stacks.  Sadly I still haven't had a chance to take a picture because I have been so busy but I really don't think you can fully understand unless you see it.  From the view out my huge dining room window you would swear my house was encased in a wood stack fortress.  We heat our house with a wood burning stove and the price of wood has skyrocketed so to help keep the cost down Jason has been collecting trees that have been cut down.  So we have this years stack, next years stack, stack of small logs and stack of big logs to be split...oh and don't forget the stumps that are lined up because they are too big to stack.  Olena has a true appreciation for these :) At least I am confident we won't go cold!
  • We had a friend (who is pregnant and due in 3 weeks), her husband and their 4 year old son (who is autistic) move in with us for 2 weeks.  Keep in mind I live in a 1200sq ft house with 4 big pit bulls and a cat  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  I am just going to smile! it makes me forget about the huge obstacles we have had to face these last 2 weeks.  But I can now sit back Thank God for the opportunity He gave me to help this family in need.  As of yesterday, they are now in a nice little place they call their own, they are getting settled, and they are happy! and because of that..I am happy!
  • I cannot remember if I posted about this yet, but we sadly lost our bird to old age.  Storm was a cockatiel who was about 11 years old.  She lead a good life and was a sweet bird.  She is now buried in my backyard with a head stone that Olena made! In addition to that loss, or cat Otis (9 years old) disappeared back in August.  He was an indoor/outdoor cat and just didn't come home one day.  We have done everything to find him and had a few we thought were him, but no such luck.  Olena took it hard but I think she is finally starting to move past it. 
  • We are behind in school work due to our house guests, (life was just impossible to keep on our normal schedule) so while she continued to work on her computer portion, we slacked in workbook pages and projects so now her and I need to play catch up these next few weeks and squeeze in some extra work where we can. 
  • As for some of the most amazing news, by best friend Rickie and her husband are expecting their first baby.  They just got married in May and worked quick to start the family :) though they were "trying" it was so funny to see how surprised she was.  I will say she wasn't really happy with the fact I was cracking up laughing while she had a mild panic attack :)  But she is now glowing and happy and taking things in stride.  A few fun facts about that...she found out on my bday weekend.  If you read back to a post I wrote about a year ago, I mentioned I had a dream about Rickie and an old friend Alica both being pregnant at Christmas time and when they turned to me, both of their bellies were the same size...they were due around the same time.  Well last xmas came and went, and now here we are this year.  And sure enough she will be pretty pregnant at xmas (due in April),  in addition to that it was just announced (seen on social media site) that Alica is due too in May.  Crazy part is though Alica and I were friends in HS and she was in my wedding, she now lives out of State and I haven't seen or spoken with her in nearly 9 years.  Then about a month ago I had a dream that Rickie called me and announced she was having a girl...so that is my prediction.  So far with my baby dreams I am 100% accurate.  I am excited to find out, but we have to wait until mid November. I also just found out today that she was able it find a midwife that she and her husband really like so looks like she will be going all natural! They are still deciding on a whether they want to do it at home or at the birthing center but she still has plenty of time to decide.  I am so excited about her decision and can't wait to be support system for her. 
  • In other pregnant news, my coworker is also expecting and is due with a little boy, Colton Joseph, on Jan 25th.  She is a self-proclaimed Halloween junkie so I have decided to throw a Halloween themed baby shower.  I can't wait! thankfully it will only be a handful of ladies so not too much preparation is required.  It will be a hoot and I will be sure to take and post some pictures. 
  • I sadly haven't even had time to pick up my camera and take any pictures.  In fact my SD card is still sitting here on my desk from the pictures I downloaded in my last post. 
  • The weather is beautiful but very unseasonably warm. We have had some absolutely amazing autumn days over the last few weeks.  Sunny and in the high 60s but this week it has been pretty cloudy and in the high 70s, they said tomorrow may even reach 80....then snow on Halloween! LOL only in Michigan.    Don't like the weather, hang out for a day. 

A little something  else you don't know...it has taken me over 4 days to complete this post.  **sigh** I am way too overworked!

Since I am kinda busy now too I am going to cut it short and hopefully I will be able to update again sometime soon. 

Comments

Tonya said…
Goodness, Girl! You have been busy! I'm glad for the update:). Hugs to all!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.