Skip to main content

lifes hurdles

Sadly, in my family, there has been a bit of a dark cloud hanging over us so I haven't been much in the mind set to blog.  Despite today's overcast, today seemed like a good day to try and find my way back to "normal"so I am hoping that a little blogging will help with that. 

We have suffered the loss of our cat, Otis, to a tragic death.  He was 9 years old and he is the one that we have recently found after disappearing for over 4 months.  Then a week later, we quickly and unexpectedly lost my grandfather.   He will be missed dearly.  I have to admit, but it was hard to watch him suffer the loss of my grandma in August.  He had a hard time moving on without her so I have to say I am very comforted knowing he is back with her and finally at peace.  

On a light note, Rickie's baby is due in about 4 weeks...I am so excited.  I think this week they may have finally decided on a name but I will keep that secret for now :) She did have a name picked out and we called him that (Cyman) up until about a month ago when her husband admitted he did not like the name at all and wanted to choose something else, so the name game begin!
A few weeks ago I spent the weekend over there and I had the pleasure of painting a mural on the wall of the nursery.  It turned out so cute! and she loved it too, which was a sigh of relief.  When doing something like that you have to remember that the art needs to look good to someone elses eye, not just yours as the artist...so that can make it a bit stressful.  But thankfully everyone was bubbled over with happiness about it!   Since I am posting first verses putting up pictures that means you will most likely see the pictures first before reading this post...so I hope you liked what you saw?! :)

Olena is doing great.  I have noticed a big change in her maturity lately.  On one level her SPD has been completely wacky the last few months but it is winter, I am working full time, and there is a lot less therapeutic activity going on so I am doing my best to be really really patient.  But when she gets this way, that has a tendency to bring out some very "babyish" behavior.  But then on another level, with that aside, I have been in tears watching my baby grow up.  She is a regular chatty cathy, she gives you her opinion about everything and anything, she loves people and loves conversation.  She is starting to "discover" different music where before she would never really pay attention...it was all just back ground noise to her.  But now she focuses more on what is playing, what they are singing about, what instruments they are playing and whether or not she likes it!  She had me YouTube Taylor Swift yesterday so that we could watch her play the guitar and then she went and set up her "stage", got her guitar, and strummed away singing "she will never ever ever get back together"!  I love watching her grow, but of course it is bitter sweet!

She is more tomboy now than ever.  She still loves roller skating, skate boarding, riding her scooter, getting dirty, animals, cars, monster trucks, and exploring! She got to go to her first Monster Truck Jam a few weeks ago. It killed me...it was torture! LOL...OK I guess because I was able to watch her light up with excitement it wasn't so bad, but I said never again.  In the future that is a daddy daughter date!

Last weekend she made her annual trip to the Detroit Autorama with her Dad and Grampy and as always had a blast.  I got to listen to 2 hours of information about how they had mirrors under the cars so that you could see their engines.  It seems I was  quite unaware of just how totally sweet that it is?  Oh and her new obsession is the show Fast n' Loud, which in my own opinion is inappropriate for her but I lose that battle with my husband.  Thankfully they bleep out the swear words and it is only on once a week.  Its a reality show about a  car restoration garage called Gas Monkey so they buy and flip a lot of old muscle cars ....Sigh....I have to laugh at myself sometime because I use to cry....seriously tears...cry about the idea of having a son.  I wanted nothing but daughters and when we adopted I said I would accept nothing but a girl.  I had no idea how to play with or interact with boys!  And what did I get? God hand delivered me the most beautiful little girl in the world, with a big smirk upon his face.  :) HaHaHa!  Well, I still don't understand or really care much about all that so called "cool stuff" like Hot Rod cars but I think I am surviving.  A lot of pretend interest does happen but I can only take so much shop talk!

Time to try and some pictures and maybe a video uploaded if I can!

Comments

Olenas dad said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.