Skip to main content

Hello from the Arctic!

Don't worry we are still here and buried in nearly 6feet of snow.  Things have been very busy and pretty hectic these days.  As I may have mentioned, we are in the process of adopting again!   I can't share anything yet, I am trying to respect the privacy of family involved so I have to spare any details until the adoption is final.  However, we are excited, Olena is adjusting well, and I forgot just how busy the adoption process keeps you.  It was one thing to do it last time around with no kids and working part time.  This time - I am working full time, have kids running around my home like wild banchies, dogs and a foster dog, and I am homeschooling.  YIKES! doctors appointments, evals, counseling sessions, finger print appointments, go back to the doctor to get the TB read, go back later to pick up paperwork, run here, fax that, scan this, oh and don't forget pee in this cup!!!!  LOL.  Not complaining, but of all the things I didn't consider, I was so confident..."I can do this blindfolded"....yes you can momma, but it will involve a lot more chaos.  :) We are getting through it though.  My nights are just longer and I am tired pretty much all day every day now. 

The weather has been brutal this winter, while I am not one to go out and play in it.  I do love the idea of a lot of snow.  And it has been really fun this year.  Olena has been sledding a few times, she has taken up snowboarding, we have been ice skating, and just playing and having lots of snowy fun.  She is a trooper and she will stay outside for several hours playing in the snow.  She loves it. 
We had our first award ceremony for American Heritage Girls this week.  Olena was awarded 4 new badges.  She was so proud of herself.  I do have pictures but I still need to download them so that will have to happen later.  She also received the highest achiever award last month for selling the most goods for the fundraiser they held.  She sold more than all of the troops combined.  She has a grandpa to thank for that.  He helped her out by taking it into work! so this weekend I will be spending some time sewing some badges on her vest. 


Sorry I don't have too much to share, but because I cannot elaborate on the adoption I can't talk too much about what is going on around here.  So hang tight, I will check in every week or so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.