Skip to main content
Things are finally starting to settle down and we are doing our best to get back onto a good schedule and have started the "retraining" process on Olena.  She has fallen off of the wagon so to speak, which is understandable, but no more excuses time to get her butt back into obedience mode.  She has taken on a sassy mouth and a bit of laziness, so we have been on her like white on rice this past week.  She hasn't been to happy about it, but she will straighten out quickly again.  An obedient child is a happy child :)

She recently moved into another bedroom and we made it a bit more "grown" up for her.  She was really excited and I have to say she did a great job and picking everything out.  She wanted red walls, but I was not too excited about that idea so we compromised and we painted one wall red and the others a light grey.  We went to look for red bedding but she insisted on something with black, so she ended up picking a white comforter with black scrolling which actually ended up looking really nice in the room. and we used the flat sheet to make valances for over the blinds.   We picked out a few pieces of wall art, inspirational saying with dogs on them, and we found the perfect "hutch" at Big Lot with a dog on it which is what she uses to store her thousands of Hot Wheels.  I will get some pictures in a few days and post them.  Too dark out right now, not to mention it is a mess. 

She finished her school year with a BANG! I was so proud of her and everything she accomplished, even despite all of the changes and stress from the last 6 months.  She went into 2nd grade last September scoring right at that grade level in pretty much every subject, except reading of course, which she was a 4th grade level.  Just in early June she was retested and  after reviewing it I had to call the admin to make sure I was reading it correctly.  Her math scores improved in all areas.  Lowest was grade 3.5 and highest was grade 5.  This is amazing for her, she has always struggled in math.  And in September she averaging at grade 1.7. 
Of course, as expected in reading she went from grade 4 to grade 6 and in word recognition she scored at a grade 11.7   That made me sigh relief.  Using the virtual school was a new thing to us so I was hesitant in what it would do for her, but apparently it is working great so we enrolled for next fall and she will move onto 3rd grade and it should be pretty easy for her. 

We have also had some fun with hair coloring again this summer.  Early May we colored it blue but for some reason it washed out much quicker than last years purple.  So over the weekend I gave in and decided to let her do it red as she originally wanted.  I was worried the red would look awful but of course, Miss pretty pants can pull off any color and it ended up looking very cute.  This time, finally after 3 times, I managed to do it with minimal mess and my bath tub was not stained again.  And my hands were only red for 1 day verses the 3 days it took me to get off  the purple and blue.  It makes me smile to see her so excited and happy after we do it.  And she always gets tons of compliments and strangers always stop to talk to her which, because she is social butterfly, LOVES!




Here is flashback from last summer...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.