Skip to main content

October Updates








Sorry it has been awhile, we have been busy and to be truthfully lots of times I just forgot about the Blog.  Until my number 1 fan, my momma, complains at me for not updating. I always found that amusing considering she knows more about what is going on in my daily life than anyone else.   At this time I am feeling particularly unmotivated to accomplish anything else, and this seemed like a good idea...so here I am.

As you have already seen in the pictures above, somewhere over the last few months my baby girl has become a young lady! The day I took this photos I looked through the lens and almost fainted.  We have all been so focused on everything going on in our day to day lives we often stop to really see what is happening right under our noses.  I had a shoot scheduled for that afternoon, and I was so disappointed I never had a chance to have her wear this dress (that I bought I clearance and I know she will not fit into next year) so I grabbed it on the way out the door.  We got to the park a few minutes early, I had her change in the car and took 10-15 to take a few shots. While I was previewing them, I couldn't help but to tear up.  Not only do I think she is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen...she makes me so proud.  To think about everything she has overcome in her little life just amazes me so much. 

School hasn't been as great this year.  I have unfortunately been very disappointed in the program we have been using and not to mention is it very time consuming for us and her.  So while it doesn't seem ideal, Jason and I are highly considering changing everything up for the new semester in January.  It will be a big change for us to go back to a traditional homeschooling format but in the long run we know it will something we are much more comfortable with and it should be better for her. 
Right now she is a virtual student through Oxford Virtual Academy.  It is "public school" on the internet.  It worked well for the K-2 program but then at 3 everything changes up, it focuses on a LOT of writing, the word load doubles, and they focus on MEAP material.  Not to mention all of the new rules and regulations they have put into place to "qualify" for the program. 

A few things that have been keeping her and us busy.... We have been volunteering a lot.  She has been a huge supporter and volunteer with the local Dog Rescue, her American Heritage Girls troop work, and helping take care of local feral cat community!  She helps me with my photography sessions which is also a big score for me because I love having an extra hand for taking pictures especially when it comes to the dogs and small kids.  I also started working with M.A.R.E taking pictures of Michigan's available Foster children.   They hope that good photographs in their profiles will help increase their chances of finding a family.  It has been so rewarding and something I couldn't be happier being a part of. 

Emotionally...we have all been doing pretty good.  I would be lying if I said I never have "a moment" because I do.   My emotions do vary too...sometimes I am hit with guilt - other times sadness - but most often panic.  I can sometimes do something and the over whelming memories of the bad times floods me and I start to panic at the idea I could still be living in that world.  It wasn't that long ago...not even 3 months yet, but it almost seems surreal.  I have also found myself wondering about another child, particularly when working with MARE, but honestly...I don't feel it is right.  We have pulled so tightly together as a family of three after this all happened I really don't even see where another child would fit anymore.  :(  perhaps with time, that will heal but my days of dreaming of a big family have certainly come to an end.

We also had  to say good bye to our oldest 4 legged kid, Luther.  He was the first dog Jason and I got together and he was by far Momma's favorite.  But he was 14 years old and his time had come.   We called our amazing "vet" Dr. Fish, he came to our home and we all got to say our goodbyes while he took his last breaths right in his own bed.  He will forever be in my heart and I miss him every day, he was the "man" of the house.  Our family has been through 8 other dogs in addition to him over the last 14 years and he has always been a great teacher to the others.  And he always knew when I needed his love.



In his absence we were able to make room to help one in need.  So here is our newest Foster pup Aries.  She is a 2 year old Fox Terrier mix.  She is sweet as pie and a very beautiful girl. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.