Skip to main content

Easter, Camping, CVS.....everything forgotten!

Life around here has been crazy busy so I apologize for the lack of posts, but I am sure you have all been just as busy as us, so hopefully you have read blogs enough lately to notice?! :)
Anyhow, I know I tend to babble so I will do my best to catch you up with everything sweet and simply.
CVS:
Last week I put my plan to action and boy did I save! It took 4 separate trips to CVS, thankfully we have 5 all within a 5 mile radius. I started with $8 ECBs. I spent a total of $12 out of pocket and got $98 worth of stuff! I posted the picture below for you to see. I was so proud of myself and even better I got more than what I needed so I will not need to make a trip this week. Which is being well enjoyed since I am already so busy.


12 pack of tp, 2 boxes of Raisin Bran, jumbo pack of pull ups, bottle of Dove shampoo, conditioner and body wash, 2 woman's deodorant (Dove and Degree), Maybaline color stay lip gloss, box of Hershey Pot of Gold chocolates, 2 boxes of sweet-n-low, 1 bottle of kids Smart Rinse mouthwash, 1 bottle of Johnson's detangler, big bottle of Dove Cool Cucumber lotion, bottle of Witch Hazel, bag of Sugar, jar of Jiffy PB, and 2 jars of Smuckers jelly! all for $12.
Camping:
We are getting ready to meet the Kissacks and Whites on a camping trip. Jason and I are so excited to see everyone again, especially the girls. Olena honestly doesn't seem to remember them from the pictures but I know she is going to have lots of fun with them anyway.
My surgery:
Recovery nicely. No problems so to speak. Tolerating food fine, and haven't had any stomach pain or problems. Today marks 6 weeks to the day and I am down a total of 28lbs. This being lost without any fluid in the bad for restriction. My surgeon places the band first, waits 6 weeks while it heals, then adds the fluid. This will force me to eat much less, and keep me satisfied much longer. I arrived at my doctors today expecting to get about 1-2cc added but we encountered our first problem....after stabbing me for about 1 hour with a 7inch needle, my Doctor finally determined that he could not locate the port in my stomach! thankfully he was very kind throughout the whole thing and I know he felt extremely bad but the pain wasn't all that bad. The idea of what he was doing, and watching him do it, made me ill :( so now I am scheduled to go to the hospital on Friday so that they can do an xray make sure it is in place. If so, they will fill it while using the xray as a guide, or if something is wrong - like it flipped - then I will have to endure surgery again. Say a little prayer for me.
Easter:
Went great. We had some good ole' Michigan snow but the Easter Bunny still made it and we enjoyed time with the family. Olena got a bike, which she is clueless about how to ride. (We are hoping the Lyra will teach her when we go camping) and we had half of the family over from breakfast and the other half over for dinner.
I didn't get many good pics of her in her Easter dress but I did get professional ones done. They won't be in until next week so I will post them once they arrive.

Comments

Tonya said…
Good grief, woman! YOu are becoming the CVS champion! I never get that much stuff in one day. My store is always sold out of everything. Catrina tells me I need to go first thing on Sunday. Maybe she's right.

And I am sure that Lyra will try to teach Lana how to ride a bike. She is awfully bossy to be the baby of the family. We need to get her a new back tire because the one she has now has at least two big holes in it from sliding out. Are you sure you want your sweet girl to take bike riding lessons from a maniac? She even tries to pop wheelies. No lie.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.