Skip to main content

Little Lovely Lady!

Olena finally experienced her first ballet over the weekend and she loved it :) It was the perfect evening out and I was so proud of our Lovely Lady! She was very well mannered, well behaved even on an empty stomach (because she refused to eat dinner and mommy forgot snacks) and was of course - adorable as ever. My awesome mom bought tickets to Peter Pan at the Detroit Opera House. We had a box all to ourselves, the view was incredible and it was very convenient with a toddler. She smiled ear to ear and watched the entire program with complete awe. She even cheered when they would do a great jump or spin! so cute! I cannot wait to take her back. We had considered Giselle, which is a beautiful ballet as well, but tickets were quite pricey so my mom found a Children's Opera which happens in May! It should be a lot of fun. Regarding Tonya's post again from the other day. Lyra and Olena are twins I swear. Hearing about how Lyra acts and how she thinks she is the center of the universe, is the exact way Olena acts. We have created monsters !!! You know everything you are doing is just molding the perfect stuck up snob, give me what I want, whiny teenager....but they do what they do so well and you just give in not even realizing what just happened. They are too cute! I am pretty tough on Lana but there are so many areas that I seriously lack in - and unfortunately spoiling is one of them. She will repeat "mommy" 500 times in a row just so that I can constantly be looking at her, and I fall for it every time. I will spend an entire conversation with someone while staring at my daughter just so that she knows, yes I am watching and paying attention to everything little thing you are doing! OMG! I am nuts, and typing that out just made me realize the crown that this child wears on her head!!! I have some serious cracking down to do!
Today was a snow day for us. We were hit with a staggering 8 inches of snow over the night. This morning when I opened the back door to let the dogs out, snow fell into the house! so pleasant on your naked feet at 6:30 in the morning :) and to think spring is something like 14 days away. Only in Michigan. Since the roads were bad, I skipped out on going to the office and spent the day catching up and doing some cooking. I got 2 loafs of bread made, boiled some eggs for lunches, cooked a huge pot of cornbeef and cabbage and even cooked up my filling for the lasagna I am making tomorrow night. I managed to do some work from home, and made time to wipe down all of my cupboards and crown molding in the kitchen. Productive! and it felt good. I am still worshiping the Home Management Binder! I love organization and I am now trying to budget like a lot of you out in the blogging world. I spend way too much on groceries, and home goods. I have started out with $50 per week for groceries. I have not been able to master including the H&B products into that figure yet, but I am trying. Planning the weekly menu always helps but I have will power trouble. I will get to the store and often I will end up buying more than what is on my list. I know I am not suppose to do that, but I always manage to talk myself into it somehow. Maybe I should start sending Jason??? ;) We are clueless but slowly learning how to budget. Spending the last 5 years, both of us working full time, we "wasted" a lot of money and didn't worry much about the future. Now I work part time and we have a huge added expense. but thank you to all of you out there who share their stories, ideas and great deals.









Comments

Jen G. said…
Not that I have good shopping skills but this is what works best for me. I shop when I'm in a hurry so I only have time to get what is on my list and I leave DAVID at home!!! He is my biggest budget problem becuase he insists on pushing the buggie and going down all the isles and just throwing things in the cart. And to make it worse he LOVES grocery shopping and gets up-set when I go without him. I guess I have some shopping issues of my own. LOL!!! Good Luck!!! Give Little Princess a BIG HUG for me. :)
Tonya said…
OH MY WORD! You both look gorgeous! What a fun way to spend an evening:).

And I totally laughed about the princess complex these girls have. A couple of months after we came home, Lyra would ride in the shopping cart, waving to everyone like she was the queen or something! I think she thought "Everyone thinks I am so cute! My adoring public is at my beck and call". It didn't take long to rotten her right up. Now I am trying to back track a little without messing with her spunk. We'll see how that goes:?.
Martinfamily4 said…
Hi, just got a few minutes to catch up. Love the dos! Take care and have fun camping, wish I could join you guys, BUT winter camping is not for me! We too have a princess on our hands...she has been home 3 weeks, we are struggling with giving her too much attention. ~ Judy

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.