Skip to main content
We're back, and feeling pretty good. We had some time to evaluate the situation, and we are pretty confident now. For the time being we are taking advantage of him being home, and we're getting ready for the Holiday. He now refers to himself as Mr. Mom and I have to admit he is doing a darn good job. I haven't had to clean the house or cook dinner once this week :) I have been able to come home and tackle wrapping presents, baking, shopping etc. It has made for a very stress free Holiday. Very nice! The other members of the family are not quite as calm though. Olena and all of our four legged friends have sensed the change and are not too happy about it. They are all acting crazy!!! not to mention our parents too (oops did I say that out loud?...I love you mom!) but we know all we can do is hold it together, pray, and move forward.
On to better things.

We took O to see Santa the other day. She is obsessed. She absolutely LOVES Santa Claus. When she got up there to finally see him she could not contain herself. She was wiggling and fidgeting all over the place. She was giggling uncontrollably. Jason finally had to grab her and just put her on his lap. She would talk to him but she wouldn't look at him, she just kept smiling. Of course she told him she wanted books...big surprise. Then when it was time to go she told him "Merry Christmas...I love you Santa.!" She is just too cute.


Winter will finally hit Michigan tomorrow. Seems a winter storm will start tonight and we will get about an inch an hour....all day! and then there will be another storm on Sunday. Though I hate dealing with the mess and the commute to and from work, I am happy. We have gotten some snow this month, but I miss the days of a lot of snow at Christmas. I remember being a kid and having snow inches thick by Christmas break. I love the snow!
There is nothing prettier then a fresh fallen snow that is all sparkly, the smell is so pleasing, and the best thing in the world is a walk in the morning after a fresh snow. Listening to the crunch under your feet and just taking it all in! AAHH! See what you southerns are missing :)
Well, I have to get busy working on Olena's annual report for Ukraine. I completely forgot about it and figured I'd better get it out before the Holiday. Ta ta for now!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.