Skip to main content

Sorry for the lack of posts

unfortunately I have been in this weird funk lately and just haven't felt like posting - or doing much of anything for that matter. Poor Jason has been dealing with a very emotional and downright wacko wife lately. I am assuming that hormones and my medication have a lot to do with it but today was a bit better so I figured I would take a minute to update.

FINALLY after 2 years, our darling daughter is riding her bike like a champ. When we got home from GA, she kept insisting she wanted to ride her bike like Leela (aka Lyra) so we practiced for a few days and then she got on and just took off. She is so darn cute. We have taking a family walk every evening after dinner and let her ride it so she is getting lots of practice. She is in her own little world, just pedals along and is constantly singing. Too funny. I don't foresee us taking the training wheels off anytime soon because she is truly a "cruiser" and likes to site see too much. She has ran off of the side walk and wiped off a few times and has come inches from smacking into a utility pole. She is too busy singing and taking in the sites and doesn't pay attention to where she is going. I will have to take a picture to post because she is just so tiny and looks so cute riding along. It is great therapy for her too. With the weather getting chilly she doesn't get outside as much and in the evening she is really aggressive and has lots of energy so the long bike rides really mellow her out. I love it!

Her speech is really improving. She takes the time and tries to pronounce words properly and she can conversate without an issue now. Most sentences are complete, not always grammatically correct but a huge improvement from where we were. I have learned that it will all come in due time.

We have discovered that she has mild RAD in addition to her sensory processing disorder so we have been experimenting with some various parenting techniques and I am happy to say that we are seeing some positive results. She is allowing us to hug her more and her eye contact is so much better! I was really worried and a bit anxious about having to tackle this issue but J and I put our heads together and really buckled down. The changes we have made, make a huge impact on her daily behavior so I am much more confident that we can handle this now. We all still have a lot to learn so we just take it day by day.

Sorry no new pictures to post but hopefully I will have the desire to post and chit chat in a few more days!

Comments

Tonya said…
YAY! on all fronts!:). Give that girl a hug from me and tell her "great job" on the biking!
Anonymous said…
I am so happy for Olena!!! Give her my love! I miss you guys so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.