Skip to main content

Finally some photos

Nap time! Spending a day at the zoo is hard work! :)

Daddy and Olena in the Artic Circle. See the polor bear in the background - that is Norton. He is an 800lb male from the Rhode Island Zoo. He was just brought to the Detroit Zoo about 2 months ago.















I finally pulled out the ole' camera and took a few pictures on Sunday. Her bday the last time I have taken any photos! I remember the time that I couldn't go a single day without snapping a picture of this cutie patooti! I guess the break did her some good though, because instead of avoiding me at all cost, she actually looked at the camera and even tried to smile!!! It is a miracle! My camera hasn't been working all that good so I get mad and don't use it. I drop it when we went to GA with the Kissacks and it cracked the case and now it doesn't focus as well. I feel I should be excited about the fact that it is broke because that means I can get a new one...but seems my taste in good cameras at this time is a bit out of our budget :( Guess I will be begging J for a good bday present this August!

Things have been a bit hectic around here. Jason started his new job, so my chore list has been bumped up and Olena has to do a bit of shuffling between family for a month or two until I can get things settled and start working from home. I am not looking forward to the weeks to come because when she gets off schedule and starts spending time with lots of different people (who all have different rules, or lack off!!!) she is known to act up. On top of that, she has gymnastics on Wednesday and will be starting OT again 2 nights a week - in addition to moving. We haven't closed on a house yet but we are slowly cleaning up, throwing away, condensing and packing.....wholly moley I think we might have bit off more than we can chew! but I just keep reminding myself it is only a temporary sacrifice and we will get back to normal soon. At least I hope.
We went to the zoo on Easter, our little family tradition, and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! We had a great time, and I was very grateful for the family time we got before J started back to work. Olena was really excited and got to see a lot of the animals. They were really active - most had a bit of "spring fever" if you know what I mean. There was even a moment of tears - J gave Olena a penny to throw into the fountain and he told her to make a wish. She closed her eyes really tight, squeezed the penny in her hands, and said "I wish I wish I wish that I could have my friend Mugs!" J and I both started tearing up. Mugs was her nick name of Mugsy and they were very good friends. She misses him so much and it breaks my heart when I see her sad about it. The other morning her and I were talking and she told me that God gave her a dream about Mugs and they got to play together outside. She was so happy. I told her she looked very happy about her dream, and she responded...."Oh Yes I am, it was my favorite. I love Mugs and I love God for giving me that dream." She really knows how to make your heart melt. We were lucky to have such a wonderful dog! even when he was a pain, he could always make you smile.

Comments

Adriana said…
I love the pictures!!! You have the smartest and most generous little girl - her dream broke my heart.
Anonymous said…
Darling little girl. Loved the photos. I don't know which polar bear is in the photo, but Norton was sent to the Erie, PA. Zoo a few years ago. But, it was a great day to take your daughter to the zoo. Hope she enjoyed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.