Skip to main content
OK so for those of you wondering where the heck I am...if anyone even reads this blog...I am still here and haven't completely lost my mind yet. I promise once my life to back to some normalcy I will blog a lot more frequently.

We are very very close to being in our new home. We have about 1/2 of our life at the new house and the bare necessities here. We are still waiting for all of the inspectors to come through and hubby is putting a few of the final touches together but I am pretty hopeful that we will make the final move over the Labor Day weekend.
We will still have lots of small stuff to do once we are in but they are things that can be done on weekends ~ small projects here and there. I have to admit, I am not real excited about getting settled. You know, how I'll be busy changing things, moving things, adding things, trying to figure out what works best for us. I think it took us about 5 years to finally get this house to where we were comfortable and to the point where everything was built around us. I will miss it! but I look forward to the new environment.

This house has taken on a whole different feel and deco. Here I don't have much of a style and lots of my stuff is dark. I hate dirty and I have sloppy dogs so I have always opted for darker colors. The new house...completely different. Color everywhere, and lots of light colors and white! OMG what am I thinking? but it is beautiful. And we have decided on a country living motif. Mismatched furniture, quilted blankets, doilies, flowers, the old country shabby chic feel. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Not to much to say about school. We are starting late September and I had planned that since we bought the new house. I knew the start of September would be busy so I plan on begining the 3rd week in. The curriculum I chose is a unit study - basically school in a box, until I can get accustom to what it is like homeschooling and I can get a better idea of how Olena will do. I am really looking forward to it and I know she is too. She is definitely ready for some structure after the summer of chaos.

To add to the stress of our lives, we have recently taken on 2 fosters. Foster dogs that is.
We found 2 stray dogs sitting in our front lawn. Both pit bulls. One is a puppy (6months), and one is about 1-2 years old. They had collars but no tags. We got them into the yard and decided to figure out who they belonged to. Well it has been nearly 4 weeks and needless to say, no one ever claimed them. We did everything from hanging signs, calling all surrounding city shelters, postings on line and in the classifieds. Nothing. Turns out that they are 2 amazing dogs who were very mistreated. We are suckers and have a strong passion for pit bulls. They are a hugely misunderstood breed. Since we got our two over 8 years ago we have been avid supporters since. Around here, pit bulls are put to sleep if not claimed after 7 days. It is awful. There are huge communities that own pit bulls that are not cared for properly. They are chained outside, minimal human contact, never allowed to burn off the burning energy in their bodies by running and playing, and of course there are those who fight them. Jason and I will always believe that these are some of the best and most dedicated family dogs there are.
Seems my parents have taken a liking to the puppy, Brody, so he has been living there for a few days now. And after speaking to my mom today and hearing about his new cage, toys and dog bed, oh and did I mention the puppy training classes??...I think he may be staying.
The other one, we named Gus but are now calling Buddy, is currently still with us. He is an amazing dog and beautiful to boot, but he is very timid and very nervous around chaos so we are thinking the best place for him to go is to Jason's dad. He is older, and single. He could use a "friend" and Buddy could use a home! We starting calling him Buddy because that is what my FIL said he would name him. We hoped it would help us to "seal the deal". When we move, we don't really have the space to take him with us, so we planning to make the transition at that time! Hey, maybe he won't even notice?? If I could, I would surely be keeping him. He is a big 70lb baby! who loves his belly rubbed. He is so mild mannered, shy, and very sensitive, not your usual pit bull.

Well I need to go deal with a few things and I am hoping to be back to post some pictures. We will see how that goes?!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't wait to see your new place! It sounds so cute :-) I love that you're doing a "country / cottage style" - if you need help with it, let me know!! I hope you guys get to move in soon!

Miss you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.