Skip to main content

Organizing 101

So I am avid follower of the blog A Bowl Full of Lemons, and I love it. I have been dying to get my home as organized as hers so I finally tackled a few projects over the weekend. I have to admit there is nothing better than opening the door to such a clean and organized space, it brings such peace to the day :)




Hall/Linen closet. I made sure I had 2 sets of sheets and pillow cases for each bed. Everything else, went to goodwill this morning. They all now perfectly fit in the big tote on the top. Before, every time you pulled something out an avalanche of linens would fall on your head. And often this was fixed by just shoving everything back up there.

Make up and Meds are in the mesh baskets that pull right out of the frames so that I can look through it easily.

The large tall tote holds stuff like shampoo, toothpaste, extra vitamins, and lotions.

Lower shelf, as you can see it towels and wash clothes. I got the box from the grocery store and it holds my hand towels perfectly so I think I am going to cover it with some contact paper to make it look a little nicer!



Catch all counter. The rack is actually a bathroom rack. On the towel bars you can see I put mugs on one, and my wax paper on the other for easy access. Spices are lined up in little rectangle baskets (there are three of them in a row)

Paper plates and napkins on top for easy access.



Fridge, which is my worst enemy. For some reason I always have trouble keeping the fridge nice. Things always mange to get shoved to the back, and it always seems like something falls out every time you open the door. I used ice cube buckets from the $1 store on the top shelf. It holds all of the condiments and dressings. There is a white tray on the middle shelf that I can pull out and see what is in the back, before forgetting about it!! The bottom, I have 2 buckets - one holds all of Olena's snacks. She knows when hungry she can eat anything out of that bucket. The other bucket behind it hold bags of cheese, and any other bagged items. Drawers hold fruit and veggies and the door now holds all drinks and big jars.





This use to be my worst cupboard. There were many "leaning towers" in here and it was a sure safety hazard. I pulled out a few things we never use anymore (put in the garage sale pile) lined the bottom with contact paper and now it holds my small appliances, and in the back is a basket with my glass cookware.




Food pantry! I was going to label the containers like she does on favorite blog, but I figured that if I changed the contents, I would have to worry about peeling off the labels and redoing it. I don't want to be bothered with that. All the containers are clear and it hasn't been a problem for the hubby so I think I will leave it as it is. I didn't take pictures but I also did a complete overhaul in the bathroom - the medicine cabinet, under the sink and all of the drawers. I used

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow I'm impressed!! You're super organized!!
Tonya said…
WOW! This is great! I'm already making lists for summer organizing projects so this is good inspiration.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.