Skip to main content

busy but at the moment....inspired! (from 2/08/2012)

I know I made promises, and I fully intend on keeping them.  Honestly though, my life is complete madness right now.  I am  barely even home, and when I am here I end up getting caught up in the daily chores, school prep, cleaning, blah blah blah.  Well before I lose my inspiration to write tonight lets get right too it. 

So I came across a quote today that really made me start thinking.  In honor of Valentine's Day, my 9 year wedding anniversary and all of those around me these days who are faces challenges in love I would like to share a few of my thoughts. 

Wikipedia definition for Love:
Love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment. Love is also a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection; and "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another"

Sounds so simple doesn't it?  An emotion...a simple affection and or attachment to someone or something?  I personally don't think it is an emotion, I feel it is much more.  In fact I think it is what we are made of.  Our very souls are made of Love. God's love is why we are even here right?    I think emotions are merely effects caused by a disruption in that love. 

Often you hear someone ask "what is the true meaning of love??"...in my opinion there is no "meaning".  It is everything.  Love is what I like to think of as The Light.  Love is the pure moment of happiness, pleasure, fullness, weightlessness, joy.  It is the light you will one day see upon your passing, and it is what I believe is instilled in each and everyone of us. 
How we use it - now that is what matters.  The decisions we make about how we will reflect/use that light is what determines every outcome in our lives.  I know I could use some improvement!

*I didn't love myself enough today to workout.  I was too tired. 
*I didn't show enough love for the man today who asked me for some loose change because I was in a hurry and questioned his intentions.  I had more money in my wallet but only made time to pull the  wrinkled old $1 bill from my coat and give it to him. 
*I didn't love my husband enough this afternoon when I barged out of the house in a frantic hurry and didn't bother kissing him goodbye...though I remembered - but chose not to take the time because I was already so late.

It is always good to try and improve a little bit everyday.  I know I will. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.