Skip to main content

Congratulations Open Cupboard!!

My very good friend April Brown was finally successful in starting her dream...she opened and is running a local food bank.  Open Cupboard! 

A few weeks ago we called the Ronald McDonald House at our Detroit Children's Hospital to inquire about what needs they currently have.  They called her back today and said that they are in desperate need of help and they asked her if she would be able to donate all of her food to them for the Month of May which would hopefully get them through the summer! This is amazing and we are so excited! I am SO EXCITED for her.  In addition to that United Way has asked her to participate in their distribution program.  They would give her food, and she delivers it weekly to the "charity" of her choice, in this case for the month of May, it would be the RMH.  What a rewarding experience this has been and I look forward to sharing this with her!

With that being said, if anyone is interested in donating in any way, please contact me for details(candjwarchol@yahoo.com)  They are looking for all food items as well as daily living basics like Health and Beauty items and toiletries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.