Skip to main content

let the bonfires burn...

We are (almost) offically camper owners! :) We pick it up this weekend. I am so excited.  Jason thinks I am crazy because I have practically planned out our entire year and all of our camping trips.  Kissacks and Whites...I am thinking the Gulf Coast in early November??

It is absolutely nothing spectacular but I do not care.  It is ours and we can go off and camp whenever we want! I grew up camping and while Jason didn't do it much as a kid, he likes it just the same. Everytime we want to go, we have to borrow someones and that starts to becomes a burden after a while. We have been looking for about a year now but we really needed to find a good deal.  Well we finally found one!  It is a 1984 classic. :) Starcraft pop up.  Ugly brown canvas and tan paint and it is perfect.  LOL! one great bonus is that the guy we bought it from spent a hefty price having all custom made cushions and mattress' made.  The mattress' look thick and cozy, not something you would usually find in an old camper! and they are still in the package with the receipt.  Sadly he had an accident and became disabled so he never used the camper.  It is in great shape for its age, and it doesn't leak, which was my only request. No leaks please.  As a kid we once had a "good bargin" pop up that was a leaking nightmare! I have since been scarred.  :)  I look forward to the many memories we will make as a family!

Once we get it to the house and popped up, I post some pictures of our new "On the Road Home!

Comments

Tonya said…
Sounds good to me! The gulf coast is fabulous! And ay for good mattresses. They make camping so much nicer:).

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.