Skip to main content

Early turkey celebration!

I know Thanksgiving is right around the corner but I love turkey and it seems there is never enough left overs after the big day so it has become a Warchol household tradition to have our own early Thanksgiving the weekend before.  So today I will cook a 20lb lovely bird, and we will be eating turkey for the next week, which I personally, am 100% ok with.  Sadly our usually festivities took a turn for the worse this week, we usually have my mother-in-law here with us and we spend the weekend eating and watching cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.  On Friday she had a medical emergency which has left her in critical but stable condition, thankfully lots of prayer,some quick thinking and her strong will...she should make a full recovery.  Our dinner won't exactly be the same, and actually may only include Olena and I at some point, since Jason will be up at the hospital, but I have had this turkey in my fridge for a week and it has to be cooked.

Olena has also been feeling a little under the weather.  The transition into winter is always a hard one for her. With her SPD, the winter becomes a challenge.  She has made huge improvements over the last 7 years with her ability to "control" herself and find things to do that meet her sensory craving but of course being cold outside we are limited to what she can do.  So usually from Nov-Jan we deal with a fidgety, restless, lack of sleep and cranky girl, but we are doing what we can to get through it and thankfully as her parents we too have come a long way in recognizing and cooping with the season changes of Olena! :) LOL

 This week her lack of sleep and eating has held to a slight rundown cold.  Her nose has been stuffy and she has been very sluggish.  I made a few changes to her bed last night, adding a pad to the mattress and another thin but heavy blanket, this worked like a charm because she didn't even flutter her pretty eyes until 7:30 this morning and that was only because I accidentally woke her up.  She is a very early bird, usually gets up at 5:30-6 but that is regardless of what time she goes to bed the night before.   But the memory foam and the weight of the blanket hugged her body enough that thankfully her body and mind relaxed and she got a good solid 11 hours of sleep.  She is now just anxiously awaiting turkey preparation because she likes to see all of the extra body parts that are inside! she is so gross.

Here she is the other day hanging out lazy style after discovering the old Loony Toons and Tom and Jerry.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.