Skip to main content

Where's my brain?

We are still alive...at least I think so? Why haven't I blogged in forever? to be completely honest...I have just forgot, forgot I had a blog - I even logged on and was though "OH MY...I forgot I am supposed to be blogging for our dog rescue too" and haven't done that in over a month and a half.  Life has become pretty busy and the days are flying by and apparently, my brain is bring pretty choosy about what is feels like remembering.  So what has been going on?

For starters my job! super busy.  It is our ramp season which means we hire, on the average, 50 new employees a week which me and one other person are responsible for on boarding.  Which requires collecting an application of 30+ pages, obtain all medicals and credentials, background screen, drug test, skills test, and put it all together for the facility that they work at.  And believe it or not this is only about 20% of our job responsibilities.   Sigh***

I have been doing some photography on the side which has been a lot of fun.   I am self taught so it has been a big eye opener for me.  In particular being able to "control" a photo session.  I am so use to just taking pictures of every day life that when it comes  to "posing" people and making it look natural and beautiful....I was having a few panic attacks, but I have worked through it and I am getting a lot more comfortable and having to do a lot less editing!

Olena is doing amazing of course.  She has had a growth spurt recently, she has been noticeably taller and feels like she has gained a few pounds.  She is excelling in school which I am so grateful for.  Her reading skills still blow me away, and she gets better and better every day.  She loves to read! While math is still the subject of dislike, she is doing much better and doesn't really lag behind much anymore.  She is working the 2nd grade math with little struggle and has been successful in keeping up with the curriculum, that is a huge relief.  The hard part is the fact that though she is home schooled...she works with a virtual academy that is funded by a local school district.  This is an all-in-one internet based curriculum  that follows the public school standards, so I was very worried at the fact I could not cater to her exact needs based on her trouble areas.  But she has made me so proud.  Jason teaches the first half of the day, which takes about 2 hours and I handle the second half in the afternoon, which ends up taking about 1.5 hours.  It has been a big help with me working and she seems to enjoy it so for now, it works.   Of course because she favors reading she is an amazing speller.  She has a spelling test every Friday and so far since the beginning of the school year she has had 8 tests...all 100% and she doesn't study them either.  On Mondays I give her a pretest with the spelling words for that week and she has gotten maybe a total of 2 wrong since starting.  Every week as the words get harder, I look at the list and I usually spot at least one word I think may trip up on, but she never does! This is one proud momma!

She is still my little tom boy more than ever.  She has a very strong fascination with cars and always tells us she is going to be a maniac.  She already knows what kind of cars she is going to drive as an adult and she loves to "window shop"...oh and did I mention her obsession with Hot Wheels.  :)  she must have at least 200 and I will be darn she knows what each one is, she can tell you if she has that kind of car, and what color it is.
She is still rocking the short pixie cut.  She insist that she likes it short so we just go with it.  She is completely unphased at the idea she is mistaken for a boy at least 2 times a week.  I love that about her.  She is so confident and full of love.  She is qwarky, goofy, high energy and fun loving and she is perfectly comfortably being her! I hope that stays with her forever...

I have a few things to take care of for now so until next time...









Comments

Tonya said…
Beautiful! Loving all these pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.