Skip to main content
The last few days have actually been a little interesting!

On Monday I was shocked by a phone call from the Hospital that Olena's pediatrician works out of. They said they were calling me in regards to our past due balance. What??
So I think back...I did take her in December because she was telling me for 2 weeks she had a booboo in her ear. (which ended in a 4 HOUR trip to the doctor to find there was absolutely NOTHING wrong) anyhow, I paid the $30 copay.

I ask the poor nice lady on the other end, "what is this past due balance from, because I have never seen a bill?"

"date of service 1.4.07"

did I take her for her ear in January or December? now my brain is going crazy and I start to think I have really lost it! January 4th?? what the heck happened on the 4th??
Oh, maybe that is when it was processed? o.k.
"they must not have covered the appointment for her ear, why are they billing me, and how much is the total?"

"This particular bill is for $796 Mame"

"OMG. WHAT? Did you say $796. I TOOK HER TO THE DOCTOR FOR A BOOBOO IN HER EAR"

"This was for labs Mame"

"What labs, they didn't do any labs" what date is this for again?"

"January 4, 2007"

"LAST YEAR??"....

To make this long and very dramatic story short, I was being charged for all of the tests that the physician did when we arrived home. She received something like 23 tests and they only covered 1, the CBC. Why you ask? because they were done and she was healthy. They do not cover labs like this for a healthy child. She had the HIV1 and 2, hepatitis, TB, syphilis, iron, lead, all of her titers to make sure she was immunized, the list goes on. Call me crazy, but I would think that none of this was unnecessary. We had a child that we had VERY little medical history on. We had no blood work to go by, we had no infant records, nothing. All we had was what the orphanage did for the year that she was there. Thankfully I have been blessed with an Angel on the other end though. Eva, the CSR and BCBS of Alabama is a Saint. We have been corresponding all day by email and she called me this afternoon just to reassure me that she will do everything in her power to help get this paid. I and the physician now have to submit a letter so that we can send the claim to the review board for an appeal. Wish me luck. I have many other things that I would rather use $800 on! Have any of you run into this problem? One of the bizarre things that I thought about last night is that we had to have several "unnecessary" tests for the dossier. We both received HIV, syphilis, and a few other tests, and we had to have it done twice. We never got a bill. They covered everything. I won't back down that's for sure, but hopefully this doesn't drag on for too long

The other drama is Olena and her dance class. Yesterday we went for her 2nd class and she only made it for about 10 minutes. The teacher brought her out and she was in tears :( If you knew Olena, you would know that she doesn't have tears. She is a VERY dramatic actor, especially when it comes to crying. We have seriously only seen her really cry about 5 times since being home, so when I seen her cheeks covered in tears, it broke my heart. I took her into the bathroom, talked to her a little bit but she insisted that she not go back!

This is her first dance class. It is held at the rec center, but parents are not allowed in the room and there are no windows. There are about 20 girls between the ages of 3-5, her being the youngest (she won't be 3 until Sunday) and the instructor blares the music, and yells over the music to talk to them and instruct. Girls are laughing, talking, running around, it sounds like complete chaos on the other side of the door. Talk about sensory over load?! It is a 11 week class so we will continue to go every week and if she goes in - great! If not, at least we make an effort. She loves the gymnastics and has been doing that since August. I thought I would give her a change but it looks like we will be going back soon.

Comments

Jodilynn said…
Hey there!!! Did you sit and really look at the picture of you and Olena on your last blog? You girls have almost the same exact facial expression and look very similar... adorable!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.