Skip to main content

Well what have we been up to?

We have actually been pretty busy. We (or should I say Jason) is in the process of making some well needed changes to the kitchen. The walls and cupboards have been sanded down and are being painted, and the floor has been torn up and is being replaced! I cannot wait until it is finished. One, because it is going to look great and two, I am GOING INSANE living in construction. I have no cupboard doors and all my daily planning stuff is spread through out the house. My couch and my spare bedroom are filled with kitchen furniture and all of the kitchen contents. I cannot find anything, it seems pointless to clean, and I though I am extremly grateful for my wonderful husbands work...he really needs to get it finished, and fast!
Not to mention that our kitchen is not only the biggest room in this house but it is honestly the heart of this house too. I'm going crazy.

As for Gene and his wife Helen, their new baby girl, Karina, is happy and healthy. They are all at home and adjusting to life as a family. They are both just gleaming with joy and Jason and I couldn't be happier for them!

Olena of course is doing well. She is sitting in our laundry tube right now taking a bath, being silly and making a huge mess with water on the floor :) what I would give to be a kid again! I remember sitting in my grandparents laundry tube splashing around...oh what fun.

As for me...well I am giving it another shot and I WILL be running a 5k in September. I was very disappointed in myself for not being ready for the one in November but I didn't give myself enough time to train and with the Holidays I let everything fall to the side line. I have been working out everyday here in the basement while the weather is still cold, this way I will be better prepared to handle the running in a month or once it starts to get warm again. (yes it is still absolutely freezing here in MI and we even got another 4-5 inches of snow over the weekend - though it was in the 50s last week). I am determined this time, and I am trying to fight some demons within myself that don't help the cause any, but I am confident that I am on the right track. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers, God knows I need it.

I also took on a new position at work and I am really enjoying it. I am now the Administrative Director over HR, and it has been a challenge but I am much happier than where I was. I am still trying to get use to being back full time since J lost his job, but it is slowly working itself out. I sometimes get jealous because he gets to spend more time with O but on the other hand, what time I do spend with her now is much more quality, than quantity - which is a nice change. J is excellent at being a stay at home dad though too, and this helps with adjusting to the change.. He has most of the chores down pat, he cooks a majority of the week, and honestly I like coming home and not having to do too much :) Olena seems to be pretty happy about too, which is comforting.

Feb 14, Valentine's Day - was mine and Jason's 6th year wedding anniversary. I still can't believe it has already been 6 years! We kept things low key and spent an adult evening at Baker's Key Board Lounge. We had a GREAT time. It is the worlds oldest, never closed Jazz club. It was very quaint, we got to sit in one of those cuddle booths made for only 2 people. It was dark and lite by small dim candles at the tables, and it was nonsmoking, which I LOVED! We seen a Diego Rivera's Quartet and they were fabulous. My parents took us to dinner earlier that day so we weren't hungry while there but we did bring home some carry out of fried chicken, mac and cheese and collard greens, which was so delicious. We arrived at 8, had a few drinks, the show started at 9 and they played until about 10:30. They then kick you out :) because they have a show at 11 and at 1am too, so the evening ended pretty early which was completely fine by us. We came home, vegged out, ate our carry out and hit the sack at about midnight...it was the perfect night! One of our anniversary decisions is attempting to maintain a once a month date, and we really look forward to going to Baker's again.

Well that is about it around the Warchol household! until next time :)

Comments

Tonya said…
sounds like you guys are doing good:). I am waiting for my kitchen re-model but it keeps getting put off for lack of funds. We are slowly buying everything we need when it goes on clearance at Lowes.

I've got dates to choose from for our fall camping trip. I'll send them to you in a minute.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.