Skip to main content



The excitement of planes is so unbearable! We picked up my parents from the Detroit Airport on Saturday. All day, all I heard about was how excited she was to see planes. We decided to get there about an hour early so that she could spend some time watching them. We couldn't have gotten better seating :) we parked in the structure, on the outside level and we were right in front of the take off strip. She must have watched 20 planes take off that afternoon, and she couldn't have been happier!



In honor of St Patty's Day and the long time tradition, Olena got to have green hair for a day! My mom use to do this to me every year when I was a kid. To this day, at 30 years old, my old school mates still talk about it. However, my hair was practically white growing up so to my surprise it took a lot more effort and food coloring to get it to show up in her hair. She was gleaming with pride about her new look though!


Yes, her hair is purple here. In honor of what you ask? Nothing! This week her new favorite thing to do is to have colored hair. If it where up to her this day, her whole hear would have been bright plum. She kept looking in the mirror and telling me "MORE purple please!" I thought that a few low lights were just fine :) I ended up pulling her sides back so that she could see more of the color and finally she was satisfied.




Comments

Amy said…
Just adorable! LOVE the green hair!! It looks like her hair is overall getting darker?? She seemed to have light brown/blonde hair early on... is it just me????

Take care!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.