Skip to main content
This is a view from the look out at the bottom west side of the Horseshoe Falls. You can see this from the Journey Under the Falls.

This shows the erosion of the Falls since they have been formed. It has eroded back over 7 miles.



View of the American Falls and the bridge between the two countries.




Another amazing picture of the Horseshoe Falls.


A view from the top.
There is a story about an involuntary, but successful, trip over the falls by a seven year old boy in 1960. The boy and his 17 year old sister were out on the river with a neighbor in his boat. The outboard motor failed, the boat overturned and they were carried towards the falls. The boy and the man were swept over the falls but the girl managed to hang on to the boat and miraculously was grabbed at the very brink of the falls by two onlookers. The man joined the list of people for whom the the falls was the last trip of their life but the young boy survived, the only person ever to go over the falls without a barrel and live to tell the tale. He was retrieved out of the water by the crew of the Maid of the Mist with nothing but a bathing suit and a life preserver.





Comments

Martinfamily4 said…
Thanks for posting..... We so want to do this trip - WOW - Just amazing...makes me want to book today!!!!!
Amazing pictures! I wish I knew you were coming I would of met you there so our daughters could meet! Looks like you had fun and I hope the weather was nice! Did you treat yourself to a Beaver Tail?
If you ever come to Canada again let me know
Take care
Patricia & Sophia

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.