Skip to main content

This and That



Not too much to report. I have been happy the last few days with the fact that Olena has decided to be cooperative, kind, loving, and polite...what else could a mother ask for? I have tacked down a schedule that hasn't been followed as closely as I'd like but we are slowly getting into the routine. We have stopped giving Olena naps which means it is necessary to get her in bed by 8:00. It is great when we do manage to accomplish this because I love having the few extra hours to myself to relax and get a few things done.
I have also decided to add 30 minutes of "preschool" in the evening, 4 days a week. I want her to start getting into the habit of sitting and working on something since we plan to home school. She is such a busy body so this will take some time and patience from the both of us to get her to focus. She does really well and is very eager for the first 15 minutes, after that she starts to get frustrated and gets mad before she even tries. We got some time, so for now it is all about practice!
I gave in and cut her hair. I know I promised to let it grow out and honestly I had all intentions of doing so. I took her to the salon with me to get it trimmed and I cut kept telling her "a little more...a little more!" I thought Jason would be so upset but surprisingly he was in agreement that it looks a lot better. Her hair is so frizzy and wild all we could do was pull it up in a pony tail. I thought since most of her baby hair grew in it would lay better when down, but that was not the case. Her birth mother comes from a Romanian decent so I have a feeling that she is going to be blessed with some pretty coarse and wild hair. I have a few pictures from this evening so I will post them.
in the pictures you will see our new "friend" Mr Slug. Jason found it in the yard today and thought it was the grossest thing ever . So Olena and I decided to put him in the cookie jar (which Jay found even more disgusting) and watched him slide around. These pictures do him no justice, this is seriously the biggest slug I have ever seen when he is stretched out. And he has a black, leopard like pattern on him.

















Comments

Tonya said…
That slug is GROSS! My kids would love it.

O's hair looks adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.