Skip to main content

7 years ago today...

At St. Clement Church at 5pm in the evening I married Jason Michael Warchol in front of about 250 family and friends. It was a Friday, not too cold and minimal snow covered the ground. Believe it or not, I was as cool as the wintry day. We had a beautiful candle light reception with about 400 people and followed this amazing day with a 2 week honeymoon in Bora Bora. AMAZING HONEYMOON! (on a side note, I am convinced that Tahiti is truely a piece of Heaven that fell to earth)

Jason and I had been together for 3 years, and though we were not high school sweethearts, or long time lovers...we were great companions. I knew Jason would be a honest, hard working husband and father and that is what mattered to me. We didn't have a fairy tale story, we met in a bar on a Sunday night. I didn't know him sober for the first two weeks of our time together, and he was sloppy bachelor who lived in his father's basement! but, on the other hand he was handsome...honest....fun.....kind....a bit shy....dependable....hardworking....and sincere. I knew with time and love from the right person, he would be a great husband.

We definitely had a rocky start but we knew what was necessary to make it work. Listening, communicating and remembering that life's choices now effect 2 people, not just our own. Decisions are made based on what is right for the whole family, and what makes both of us happy. If one isn't on board, then it is up to the other to be convincing! This year when we sit down and reflect on our marriage over the past 7 years...what we have accomplished, how we have grown ~ we can both say we are finally "settled in" and have a matured marriage. We don't fight anymore, we know each other inside and out, we can finish each others sentences and usually do, and we are an amazing team when it comes to parenting and family decisions.
I often feel that marriage is it not based on just being married to the right person but it is about being the right person. That is one of the many strings that keeps us together!

One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again.

Comments

JLTan said…
I especially like that bit that you wrote in pink. Thank you for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.