Skip to main content

An amazing day!

I am beside myself with joy today. We as a family have had an amazing year thus far and today there was another great addition to our many blessings...Jason was offered an job today! and we are so excited. It has great potential and is only 7 minutes from home. My stomach is swirling with butterflies as I type. He just starting looking for a job in January, and the economy is so bad right now, especially here in Michigan. He worked for Motion for 16 years. It was is first and only job at the time he was let go. This was his first interview since looking, and his first interview EVER! We are so unbelievably blessed and I am so proud of him, I am nearly jumping out of my skin. The money is good, and the plans we have for me staying at home should all fall into place in the next couple of months, pending all goes well with this new position. We have been working so hard this last year to work towards making the family life we were hoping for...J working close to home, me being home with Olena, the homeschooling, no debt, and more kids. Of course minus the more kids part, we are THERE. But we have started a "fertility" plan and maybe the more kids will happen soon. That would be the cherry on top!

So enough about that, there have been a few other things going on and I might as well take advantage of it and give you something a bit interesting to read.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch the documentary FOOD INC. Jason and I watched it earlier in the week and for anyone who does not believe in spending their money on and eating organic food and the importance of buying from your local farmers...you must watch this film. I knew our meat packing plants were gross, and that the animals were treated poorly but in reality it is much worse than I ever imagined. After watching it, I felt like everything I knew about my grocery store food was a complete lie. And it is! Sadly, I had tears in my eyes at the end because you realized how the great Farmers of America have been completely taken over by nothing more than the Mafia. Just watch it.

We have changed our diets and are now going all organic. For the most part, we had good eating habits but there was lots of room for improvement. We will now shop strictly for organic - today we went to Whole Foods. To help with the cost since it is a bit more pricey we are looking into a CSA http://www.localharvest.org/ and are hoping to find a farm that we can get our meat from. We have lots of local farmers markets around here, so fruits and veggies in season will be easy to get. Don't worry this isn't all due to the FOOD INC, it is part of our fertility plan which is how I came across it in the first place. It did however, make me realize the importance of supporting locally. It was weird going shopping today and not bargain shopping with my coupons and store deals. And I almost fainted when I seen the total considering I am use to averaging only $50 per week, whereas today was more like $90. BUT we worked it into the budget and excepted it so it is not to bad.

Olena is doing great. We are finding that she is pretty darn good at memorizing things. She learned her address in 1 day and how to spell her last name. She is really good at spelling (only 3 letter words though) and she can recite how to spell a word by sounding it out. She cannot break down a word when looking at it...reading. but for example if I ask her how to spell cat - she will sound it out and say the letter. I sometimes have to help her separate each sound depending on the word but I am very impressed with how quick she caught on and starting doing it. She is in her sponge stage and she is taking in everything right now. She is also doing a great job at having her own opinion which we have been trying to work on lately. Usually Miss Olena's opinion is not very positive and it always comes in whining form. I never though that whining would strike my nerve the way it does.

Well it is late and I am tired so I will check in again soon.

Comments

I just did a post about the same topic yesterday LOL... hmmm never thought about it effecting fertility...
Congrats to your husband on his new job..
Adriana said…
I am so happy for you and Jason!!!! I knew that things were going to work out :-)

I'm so glad you liked Food, Inc. - it is such a wonderful movie!!! You should read the book - "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan - mind blowing!

Miss you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.