Skip to main content

Doooulisious!


Tonight's dinner was winter greens with carrots, feta and brown rice. And I have to say it was really really good! I thought I would share the recipe in case any of you brave souls would like to give it a try. (I know I can count on you Mrs Hockenberry!)
Keep in mind Jason does not like vegetables and is a pretty picky eater and he enjoyed it just as much as I did, he even cooked it so that tells you how easy it is to make too!
The carrots also give it a very sweet taste so the kiddos should like it too!

2 carrots shredded
2 bunches of Kale (or collard greens or Swiss chard) chop thinly
1/2 red onion finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Crumbled feta cheese (I think a parmesan cheese would be good too)
Brown rice

cook carrots, greens, onions, salt and pepper in a deep skillet with 1/4 cup of water.
*we used our cast iron skillet.
Cook over medium heat, tossing once or twice until greens are wilted and tender, 10-15 minutes.

Add cheese and spoon over rice.

ENJOY!!! As Olena would say, "this is doulisious!"

Comments

Adriana said…
That looks great! Ha! You know me so well...you know that I'll be the first one to try it :-)
adoptedthree said…
MMMM I know I would love it BUT the family would probably run from the table screaming! Seems like it might be good with some soy sauce too!
Tonya said…
Congrats on Jasons job!!!! YAY!!!

I keep thinking about watching that but I don't know if I can handle the huge change it would inevitably require in our lives right now. We eat healthy but I still buy meat at the grocery store. Every time I pick it up and put it in the buggy I say "we have GOT to get another beef steer". We went in on one with a few other families once and put the meat in the freezer. A quarter of a steer lasted a year for us. It was great.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.