Skip to main content

A fun afternoon.

A few weeks ago Olena and I spent the afternoon at a local nature center.  It was my first time here and I was very impressed.  I was however bummed that I didn't take more and/or better pictures so I hope to go back again soon.  They have 2 deer there name Sunshine and Serria.  Both are beautiful and very friendly, however one of them has a serious licking problem. HAHA.  Anytime I got within a few feet of the fench she would run over stick her head through and start licking my hands and arms.  Even when I tried to feed her, her first concern was to lick my hand before taking the offering.  Guess I am just too sweet! LOL!


We were even able to spend a few hours inside of thier nature center showroom.   It was beautiful.  Fire place, cozy couchs, with tons of books.  Toys, lots of taxidermy animals and furs to touch...a sensory childs heaven.  They are usually only open on the weekends or during field trips but I called ahead of time and the manager said he had take care of the lawn work that afternoon so he opened the doors for us while he did his work outside.  It was the perfect afternoon.  We walked the trails, seen frogs and turtles in the pond, they had an old one room Little House on the Prarie cabin set up on display.  That was really cool.  You could look through the windows of the house to see how a home was typically set up, then they had an outhouse, a barn, woodworking shed, a working water pump and tons of farm tools.  They even had an old wooden tree swing which Olena loved.

Comments

Tonya said…
Wow! That sounds like a great place! I need to find out if they have something like that around here.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.