Skip to main content

Writing on the wall can be so much fun...

I love to spend my Friday nights alone sitting in the computer room surfing the Internet reading blogs. Adoption, travel, home school and I especially love the country living style blogs.  One the new trends I have been seeing lately is the caulk board wall. 

I am pleased to announce...I now have my very own caulk wall and I LOVE IT!! This was against my husbands better judgement, and my moms, my father-in-law, my friends - the list goes on but I persevered, stood my ground and did it.  I am so happy I did.  Jason now admits he is starting to like it and thinks it pretty cool he can write right on the wall. I think the little love notes that I have been leaving there for him at night could have something to do with his change of heart?? 
Sure, one day I'll out grow it and end up painting over it, but for now its all in good fun and looks fabulous. 

It takes about 4 days to do, between the drying and conditioning.  And I have to admit, when you first paint it on, it is a bit overwhelming and very black but the final project is completely different. 

I am not going to post the full picture yet because it is still a project in the making - (it is being transformed into the  house hold communication center.) But here's a few others that inspired me.






This picture is from my wall.

Comments

Tonya said…
I love it! Maybe if I made a chalk board wall, Karys would stop writing on the other walls....hmmm.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.