Skip to main content
I should be diligently wrapping Christmas presents while I have a few moments to spare but I thought I owed it to everyone to at least try and update once before the Holiday. 

Things have been really busy so of course the blogging has taken the back burner.  A-Line (my job) is super busy and I have been working about 10 more hours a week than usual.  And while that doesn't seem like much, it definitely makes a difference to a homeschooling mom.  School has slowed down a bit.  She has been doing a lot of computer work and projects which she is thrilled about.  No writing or arithmetic is her idea of a great school day.  I am hoping to work on a lesson plan for the month of January between Xmas and New Year.  I want to spend the month working on her speech.  She hasn't made a lot of progress over the last 9 months or so and I see some regression in certain areas.  I also have noticed that more and more adults are having difficultly understanding her.  I plan to make it a month of lots of verbal work, and I have a CD program that I got from the homeschooling conference that we will work with.

I have a few pictures to share but sadly my camera has been broke for about 2 months now and the few I do have I had taken with my point and shoot but the quality is awful not to mention I have to take them "blind" because the screen does not work and the view finder is fogged over for some reason! Christmas and lots of other things have caused a bit of a financial crunch so the camera being fixed will have to wait for the time being :(

We just finished up our first semester of co-op.  It has been fun and the field trip opportunities are amazing.  The three classes we just finished were Painting Like the Masters, Spanish 101, and Lego Engineering.  Lets just say I am pretty confident that she will neither be an artist or an engineer. In January she will start Outdoor Survival and We Love Reading and Writing.  In addition to the horse back riding lessons.  Looks like 2012 will be arriving with a bang. 

We recently toured the Meadowbrook property which was AMAZING!!  If you live in MetroDetroit this is a must see.  Country mansion built in 1925 by Matilda Dodge who at that time was the wealthiest woman in the world.  She sold her Dodge shares in 1925 for $146M.  She was an amazing woman and lead an interesting life...not to mention that she had fabulous taste in design.  This house so warm, inviting and cozy.All you wanted to do was curl up on one of the big cushion coach and read a book.  The detail was in every nook and cranny was unbelievable.  Olena went with us of course and she did great being patient with us but I would love to go back with some adult friends and really spend time looking at everything.  Your not allowed to take pictures but I will try to put something together from pictures online. 

Well I do still have a few things to do and I want to get some pictures posted.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.