Skip to main content

Christmas Cheer

We had a lovely Christmas, and according to Olena it was the "most awesome day ever!" She was so cute, and absolutely LOVED her gifts.  We set up a sensory heaven in our basement...aka: a trampoline and a huge ball pit!  and she thinks the ball pit is the coolest thing ever.  Sadly I don't have any pictures since my camera is still out of commission but as soon as it is in working order again, I will definitely put some up for you to see.  She also received the Leapster Explore from my parents, which is a child version of the IPad, she is starting to grow more fond of it everyday but she was a bit disappointed to find out that there was no app for Angry Birds.  Crazy girl. 

We spent the morning together just the three of us, but the rest of the day was spent traveling around to see the parents.  Though it was a busy day, it was still wonderful.  This year was one of the first ones in a long time that I can remember that we didn't have any snow.  When you are from the "North", it just doesn't feel like Christmas without snow.  I am sure that soon enough we will be blanketed and it will probably stick around for way too long!

Jason has the week off and hopefully we will see a few of the straggling projects come to completion.  My husband is marvelous but he has a huge issue with completing things.  Every project in this house is missing the final 10% - it is enough to drive a wife insane. but I am optimistic and hoping for the best :)

As for this week, I am hoping to tackle a couple of projects myself, particularly my January lesson plan.  I have completely feel off the wagon and had my midterm breakdown.  I am beginning to learn that this is normal process to the homeschooling life.  So hopefully some planning and reorganizing will fix this problem. 
I also want to start researching travel ideas for a family vacation.  We have never, in the 5 years of being a family - have taken a vacation with just a three of us.  We got some money for Christmas so we decided to use it to book a trip.  But now the tough part...where to go?  I would love Disney but truthfully I am not sure if it is worth the money.  Granted it is the most magically place on Earth but really the cost to go there and the surrounding expenses such as food, gas, lodging are ridiculous if you ask me.  If I am going to spend that kind of money to go I would rather wait until O is older, would get more enjoyment out of it, and remember it.   Not to mention my idea of a vacation is relaxation, not running around some humongous park with thousands of people and standing in lines all day.  My two main ideas at this point is either Alaska or the Bahama's....quite the extreme difference huh?   But I am also torn about flying.  The cost of that is crazy too, do I want to spend all that extra money or would it be better to chose a place within driving distance?  hhmmmm....the choices.  Any suggestions? I'd love to hear what some of you have done.

Comments

Amy said…
We have done Disney (CA) about 4 times in 10 years... it is a hard place with kids with some sensory issues = over stimulation :) Alaska would be a loooong flight for you guys... we are in Wa and the flight is over 2 hours to most parts... You could consider something east coast theme park that is more low key like Hershey... don't they have a Lego land? Anyhoo... wishing you guys a wonderful holiday and new year!! Amy
Tonya said…
If you decide to go to Disney, and you drive, you can stay with us on the way down and the way back up. It'll save you two nights lodging:).
Tonya said…
Or you could pick a nice Gulf coast beach, a rather secluded one, and just enjoy lying around in the white sand reading while O plays. I like the Gulf because the waves aren't big (great for littles), the water is warm and shallow the sand is like sugar. May is a good month for a Gulf coast Vacay. Not too hot but hot enough to enjoy the water. St. Joes penninsula is gorgeous and lonely. I have pics in the June '08 archives of my old blog if you want to see them.

http://thekissackfamily.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.