Skip to main content

life in the New Year

I have to admit the honeymoon is over...working full time officially stinks in my book! :) It has really taken a toll on me over the last few months, mostly because I am down one very important person in my department. Shannon my amazing HR rep is a key factor in our department and she has been out on maternity leave.  I am of course extremely happy for her and her adorable baby boy.  And while my assistant is as equally awesome, with 50+ employees starting per week, its a lot of work for 2 people.  So that is partly the reason for my lack of posts, I just don't feel like sitting at the computer and "talking" about anything.  But I do miss it!

On the up side of things we have made the initial step in starting another adoption.  I know I have mentioned it several times over the last 2 years or so, but we just couldn't find a good answer.  
I am very passionate about pursuing an HIV adoption from Ukraine but financially and time wise, it is just not feasible.  We tried to live the idea and plan it out for over 6 months but it just will not work for us at this time. 
We again considered adopting through foster care but we don't feel it is necessarily the right path for us.  They require a lot of classes, they don't allow homeschooling, and there are few other things that have diswayed us. 
As for infant adoption here in the States , it is something I cannot justify.  The cost and the risk are too great for me and I am not "baby" crazy, I am open to older children so I feel it is best to save the babies for those who really desire them :)
So whats my plan?? it actually fell right in my lap.  The random decision to get back on FB, and then within a few day I saw a story from a friend in the adoption community and I felt my insides light up...THAT WAS IT! adoption through disruption.
If you're not familiar with disruption...to put it in simple terms it is where an adopted child is placed with another adoptive family for one reason or another.  I hope to take some time over the next few months and talk about this some more.  Why we decided this? What disruption really is, how it happens and some reasons why it happens.  It is very exciting, scary, challenging and empowering all at once. 

Well I am getting too tired for much more but I have committed to posting more so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.