Skip to main content

I just want to feel better ....

The title, sadly, are the words that my poor daughter has been repeating over and over this evening, when she is not sleeping that is! :(

Seems she picked up a nasty little germ and it is wreaking havoc on her poor tiny body.  She has either had her head buried in the toilet or her butt on it, and a few times she tried to do both at once.  All she keeps telling me today is "I just want to feel better...." yesterday she even asked me if she was dying?

Thankfully today everything is staying down and in, LOL...and we have been able to push the fluids but she was hit with a fever and has been flat out pretty much all day.  I feel so bad for her.  But on the good note, she is 8 years old and this is the first time she has ever been sick outside of the week that we brought her home from Ukraine.  But you can imagine the freak out session she had when she started vomiting while standing in my kitchen at 5a in the morning! she kept asking me ..."whats happening to me?"  But it seems we got through the hard stuff and I am hopeful tomorrow will bring a much happier Olena.  and lets pray that the days ahead are not cursed with sickness for me or Jason!

On a happier note, Rickie, my dearest and best friend in the world is very close to becoming a mother for the first time.  I am beyond excited and cannot wait to meet little Silas William :) 
His naming was a pretty interesting story.  When Rickie was about 3 months when she fell in love with the name Cyman (Simon).  While Dan, her husband, didn't like it...he agreed to letting her chose the first name because the baby will have his middle and last name.  So Cyman it was.  That is until February when Dan admitted he really disliked the name and basically refused to agree to the choice.  So back to square one.  They each had a few favorites...Christian, Isac, Jeremiah,...but nothing they both agreed on.  One day she said she was sitting there and the name Silas came to mind. She said she never even heard the name, she just thought of it, so she instant messaged me on the computer and asked "what do you think about Silas".  That was it.  OMGosh I loved it!!! I asked her if she knew what it meant, she said she had no idea she didn't even know it was a name.  I looked it up and you know what? it means "man of the forest".  The little hairs on my arms stood up.  If you recall from the previous post, Forest is the theme of his room and the mural I painted on the walls.  :)  Dan came home from work, she told him all about it and what it means and he loved it too.  So Silas' name was born! now it is just time for him to bless us with his presence; which he should over the next week or so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.