Skip to main content

Introducing my nephew!

He is finally here.  Introducing Silas William.  4/24  Homebirth.  100% natural, nothing for pain.
5 hours of labor 2 hours of pushing! and thankfully I was with my best friend the entire time from start to finish! I have to say it was less than a "beautiful and magical" moment for me. There is a lot of sweat, water, blood and lots of unidentifiable "stuff"....all which I found to be pretty gross!  but on the flip side I can say, with a smile, it was exhilarating, exhausting, and a true miracle helping him come into this world and I would do it again in a heart beat if she asked me to!  I am very lucky and blessed to have a friend who trusts and loves me enough to have me be such a big part of this event....ok so maybe I was plan B since daddy had zero interest in being actively involved in what he said, was one of the scariest moments of his life.  LOL! the poor guy was a nervous wreak! but in the end he admitted the home birth experience was a good one and that he should have never doubted the power and strength of women and what they are capable of doing themselves and for others :) I have to say there was an unforgettable moment froze in my mind where I remember looking around and seeing these 5 woman all together working for one miracle...bringing this baby into the world.  You could feel the strength, love and support just hanging in the air.   

Happy Birthday little man!

Comments

Tonya said…
Awwww! He's adorable!!!:) Tell Daddy not to feel too bad. Landon almost passed out during Noah's birth and now, seven kids in, he handles births like a seasoned pro! ha ha!:)

Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.