Skip to main content
Thought I would take a moment to chime in a few things
I know I never post anything political but I figure tonight was an exception especially when I just received the news of Michigan's results. Hooray, Obama wins Michigan with 17 electoral votes. Michigan hasn't voted Republican since 1988 so it's not a big surprise but still exciting. As it's obvious now, I am a Obama supporter!......Oh my, just received an update that he took Ohio too! WOOWHO, Ohio was considered a must win State for McCain.

But onto something a little less controversial, a good family friend is bringing her lovely little bundle of joy into the world sometime tonight. The poor thing has been in labor since yesterday morning and she's been dilated to 8 with no progression since 11:30 last night. She is younger than me, at 23. Growing up and even now I have always felt "mothering" to her, or as if she was my little sister and seeing her tonight was such an amazing experience. She was being such a trooper and she has matured so much over the past 9 months. You could tell she was miserable but she kept on a good face and was strong. They haven't let her eat or drink anything of course and she was so hungry you could actually hear her stomach growling. I stayed with her for about an hour this evening but she had a room full of people and I knew she just wanted some peace and wanted to get this baby out so I left her while my eyes welled up with tears.
Please keep her and baby boy, Aiden, in your thoughts and prayers tonight for a safe delivery.


Welcome to the world Aiden!

Comments

Tonya said…
We did all the math yesterday afternoon, for a project, and saw for ourselves that McCain didn't have a chance. That didn't bother us much since we weren't supportig McCain, but we were't supporting Obama either so last night was not so exciting for me. LOL!:):):) I didn't "woohoo" even once:):):).

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.