Skip to main content
Life is moving along, nothing too important to report tonight but I thought I would post something short.



I had my first appointment today with the fertility doctor but it ended up being cancelled due to an emergency at the hospital. I was pretty disappointment but was able to reschedule for next week. I have gotten over my pity party and have accepted our decision to try conceiving. Adoption will always be possible and I know for a fact that I will take that journey again sometime in the future... but just not today!



Mother's Day we went to the Fisher Theatre and seen Annie on stage. It was my mom, me and Olena. It was a great day! Olena was beside herself with excitement and the poor little thing started crying tears of joy when it started. It was almost 3 hours long, so she had a hard time making it through the whole thing without fidgeting all over the place but she did great and was very well behaved. It is so pleasing to see her passion for music and theatre. For such a small girl to have such a strong love of something is wonderful.



To bring you up to date about O she is still growing like a weed. I have not measured her against the door since Feb. but Jason and I have both noticed that she has grown taller. I pulled the summer clothes out of the basement and what do you know...for the 3rd summer in a row her 12/18 months shorts and skirts still fit her perfectly. This is going to the woman who in her 40s can still put on her prom dress and look good. She is very skinny but she is not awkward or bone skinny. She is now about 28 lbs and she has a very athletic build. Her arms and legs have lots of muscle. Shirts, I prefer the 4/5T because her torso is long and I don't like her belly hanging out but I have to be careful because the arm holes are usually gaping huge. Needless to say it is quite interesting shopping for her. My loving mother took us shopping at the mall and we got quite a few really cut outfits and then I hit WalMart over the weekend and they had $1 clearance on a ton of girls shirts. I got 8 organic cotton tee shirts, all with cute "earthy" pictures on the front, for $1 each. What a bargain for PERFECT play clothes!



Her speech is slowly getting better. Her stuttering has decreased a bit but her articulation hasn't been as good as I'd like it to be. I figured I would give her the summer, and then in the fall I will see what I can do about lining up a ESL therapist. I don't worry too much about it but it bothers her that other people don't understand her and I can sometimes see her getting frustrated because she knows that they are not listening or understanding her. They usually just try to play it off and give generic answers like "oh yeah! that's nice" but it is funny because she knows and will usually shoot them a dirty look and "gggrrr" under her breath. She tends to be a bit a drama queen. Wonder who she gets that from?? :)



She hasn't been into writing much lately. I have been trying to practice with her but she loses interest pretty quick. She has been obsessed with puzzles. I buy the 45-75 piece ones from the dollar store and she will sit down and faithfully work on it until she can master it. She will do it over a hundred times, if that is what it takes. She definitely has focus. Since Easter I have bought 6 puzzles and she can now complete each of them within a few minutes and almost with her eyes closed. She can count to twenty and can get through the twenties but it usually takes some coaching.



Well I am going to sit with the rest of family and watch CARS! This is daddy and O's favorite movie...they both love race cars! :)

Comments

adoptedthree said…
Rejoice in knowing that soon in some way, you will have another child! If the fertility thing doesn't happen, you definitely know the adoption route! What a special time for you :)

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.