Skip to main content
You gotta love Michigan weather. Last week it was 50 degrees when we left the house in the morning. But by 12noon it was above 80! What the heck??
To honor our outstanding weather forecast my lovely daughter decided to show you how us Northerners have to dress for a day out on the town. She had on her bathing suit with a tank top and jean skirt, then she added the sweat coat, leg warmers and to top it off perfectly....the crocs!!
______________________________________________


Jason and I got off to head start this year and tackled a lot of yard chores this past weekend. Because of the wacky weather everyone usually waits until after Mother's Day, but the day was warm and we are trying to enjoy the idea of relaxing this summer!! We still have a few projects to finish but nothing major. All of the "beds" have been cleaned, turned, fertilized, and debugged!! The flowers and the herb garden have been planted...and much to our surprise are already sprouting after only 1 week :) I washed down our aluminum siding. Sprayed for weeds and bugs around the yard. Cleaned what was salvageable of Olena's toys and through out the rest. Cut the manicured the grass and last but not least I added a "water station" to her play ground. I have a platform that is covered in outdoor "carpet" and I have 2 different water tables up there. She loves to stand there with her crocs off and rubs her feet on the "carpet" For a sensory integration child, this is Heaven. This is great OT for her and she just loves it. I am not to fond of the fact that we constantly have a wet preschooler running around but she loves it! PLUS the Easter bunny left her some sand for her sand box :( it took me 2.5years but I have finally caved and let her have sand. I absolutely hate the clean up of sand but I figured I better just get over it and learn to deal with it!










____________________________________________________




Anyone notice the changes to the blog site?? We have 2 big envelopes sitting on the kitchen counter. One holds the information about domestic adoption, and the other about Foster Care; but I also have an appointment in May to meet with the fertility doctor.... Wonder what we'll decide??


Comments

ArtworkByRuth said…
Love the pics, it looks like heaven too for a girl! About the next steps, I just keep going to the Adopt US website and imagining our next child too...However it comes, praying God's provision and blessings for you!
Tonya said…
I'm thrilled to hear that a new little on is "in the works"!:):):). Children are such a blessing and O will love having a little sib:).

I love her play area. Lyra will REALLY want to come and visit when she sees those pics. She is constantly telling me "I'm going to visit Olena" and I say "Have fun" then she goes outside and comes back home after her "visit". She also named her newest Webkinz (a little black and white cow) after Olena. I think all the pictures on your blog make her feel like O is someone she is friends with even though they live 15 hours away from each other. Thanks for taking the time to post them!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.