Skip to main content
Summer is here and though we haven't really experienced any HOT weather yet, the summer activities are in full swing. We are getting ready for our trip to Niagara Falls - exciting!!! and the best news, my parents just got a pontoon so we thoroughly enjoyed a day out on the lake today! it started off a bit cold and rainy but just like good ole' Michigan we were warm and sunny after only a couple hours. Olena was beside herself with excitement. She is definitely a boater, oh and a fisherman too. My dad and Jason threw in the poles a couple times but Olena ended up being the only one to catch a fish with her little pink pole! sorry guys :( it was very relaxing and peaceful...downfall is the fact that I am sitting here on the computer with a nauseated stomach because I feel like my whole computer desk is rocking with the waves...yuck! :(

Family news...we are still hoping to get pregnant by fall. My doctors appointment went well. The only concern is that she would like me to spend the next few months working on lowering my blood pressure a bit. It runs about 130/90 which is a bit high. We are giving it until August - during which time I hope to lose some more weight and have a regular excise program in place. Currently we are way to sporadic about our exercise because there is always so much going on each day.
I don't know why but I have a sense of "future" and feel like we will be pregnant by August. I have had a few small "signs" here and there that seem to be playing tricks with my mind. Then Jason had a dream last night that we adopted a baby girl from Ukraine. I know we are not adopting from Ukraine again, (that probably came from the fact that we were talking about some other people adopting from Ukraine earlier that day) BUT he did see a new born baby and it was girl. From the start of all this I have been confident in the fact that I will deliver a baby girl, (and perhaps even twin baby girls) and to make the dream seem more significant..For those of you who have followed our blog from the beginning maybe you will remember that in August of 2006 (3 months before we left for Ukraine) I had a dream where we had a toddler girl with dark hair and huge dark eyes, my aunt was also in this dream and she was pregnant (not something we would be expecting) That October...we got our appointment letter to travel in November and 3 weeks after that we found out my Aunt was expecting! That was the first and only time I had have dreamt of my expanding family. Now it's Jason, and this is the first time he has ever had this type of dream, and what do you know...it has happened about 3 months before I think we will get pregnant. Curious to see what will happen!

A little something cute to share. Tonight Olena was sitting at the table finishing her dinner and Jason and I embraced for a moment and shared a little kiss, out of no where Olena say "aaawwwwweeeeee your kisssyyy!!!" it was so darn cute. She has never acknowledged us or anyone else when kissing before so it was very unexpected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.