Skip to main content

Camping tips.

While I was reorganizing my home management binder this evening, I was shuffling through all of my "tear outs" and thought it might be nice to share of few of these wonderful things that I find with all of you. My tear outs are the pages I tear out of my magazines that have stuff I want to remember. I put them in page protectors and file them in my home management binder for later use. I have a few pages of some camping tips that I really liked and since it is that time of year, I figured this would be something perfect to share. Maybe one of you will enjoy a few of them and even use them....I know I will be.

Clean up station:
Simplify campsite hand/face washing. Fill an empty milk jug with water. use a small nail to make a hole on the side that can be plugged with a golf tee. bungee cord the jug to a tree in a sunny spot, and you can even tuck some soap and a towel behind that bungee cord too... the sun will warm the water and when one of the kiddos need to wash up they can pull the golf tee out and they will get a running stream of warm water!

Bath buckets.
stow bathroom hear in a lidded five gallon bucket. These can hold all the necessities - toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo , tissue, and maybe even a tin of quarters for coin-op showers. Again use a bungee, wrap it around the bucket and you can tuck flip flops, wash clothes and even a light towel. The bucket even doubles as a sink side stool for the kiddies or a little stool to sit on for dry your feet or put on your socks.

I even have tons of recipes for "meals in a jar". If you google it, you too can find lots of ideas. To sum it up, you use canning jars with lids - add your ingredients per the recipe, and when the time comes for a meal you boil the jars in a water filled pan. After you jar meal is cooked, you let it cool a bit, slip an old unmatched sock with the toe cut out around the job to serve as a holder.
They have recipes for omelets, burritos (the filling, tortillas served on the side) cupcakes or pudding cake, smores using nutella and marshmallow creme, soup and chili.

HAPPY CAMPING!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.