Skip to main content

Summer dazed....

Dazed is exactly how I feel quite a bit now a days.... the summer days are flying by and it seems every morning brings tons of things to do. I apologize for the severe lack of posts but it comes but we are busy and there is not too much to talk about. All we do lately is work. Either work here or work at the new house. Remodeling, packing, painting, painting, and did I mention painting!

The one thing I despise most I have been doing for 3 weeks straight and still have lots to do. I am no Picasso, and I have no shame. Thankfully my mom has a lot more motivation than I do when it comes to that project so she has been busting my butt and helping me get it done. What on earth would we do without out mothers?? :) Things are coming along nicely though and soon enough the house will be perfect and we can get settled. Our room is done. Olena's room is close, we still need to add some molding. I finally decided on a color for the living room and dining room, after sampling the entire color selection at Home Depot, so that should be done by next week. I have to wait for Jason and his dad to replace the bathroom toilet and vanity and then I can paint in there. The grand finale will be completing the kitchen and then the flooring. We seem to be on schedule, and I imagine we will be moved in sometime mid-August. Just in time to scramble together and start homeschooling but I am really looking forward to it. We have a fabulous dining room with LOTS of sunlight and big windows. We sit in there all of the time when taking our "breaks" and there is an amazing breeze and it is so relaxing. It will be perfect place for working on lessons! I have a ton of pictures of the house but I will wait until it is finished and do some before and afters, it will be amazing!

Olena is doing very well. She is my very imaginative, actress. She is constantly running around here acting out something. Whether it be a book or one of her favorite movies, this week "Milo and Otis". I never thought that a story about a cat and dog could be so annoying but when your daughter acts out the entire script all day for 4 days straight you really find it hard to not want to "punt" that darn little pug and his kitty friend all the way to China. She is also into sound effects so not only do we get the words, we get all of the sound effects too! Last week anything that came out of her mouth involved Sound of Music. She sang all day every day. The funniest was when she was on the front porch and found it necessary to sing OVER the lawn mower (J was cutting the front yard) so she was singing/screaming the nun song "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?"

We are still doing OT 2 days a week and we are making great improvements. I am so happy with that center and her therapist. Her fine motor skills have improved drastically over the last few weeks and I couldn't be happier with her progress. We have done a ton of strengthening and stretching with her shoulders and it has made things a lot easier for her to manipulate. She has what the therapist calls Angel Wings. Because she didn't crawl much as a baby she never developed the strength in her shoulders so because of that, she lacked the ability and the strength to complete fine motor tasks. Her shoulders are being pulled forward by the tight chest muscles and her blade have separated and are vertical instead of slanted. That gives her a look of angel wings when you look at her from behind.

I will try to check in again soon. I need to head off to bed .... 4:30a comes early!

Comments

Adriana said…
I can't wait to see pictures of your new home! So exicted for you and J :-)

Miss you guys...hope you can visit soon!

Give O kisses from me and B!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.