Skip to main content

Camping!

We went camping over Father's Day weekend. It was nice weather and pretty relaxing for a couple of days. Olena taught herself how to swim. I was so happy. This is a girl who just a couple of months ago was terrified of pools. Our first year home, she loved to swim. She would wear a life jacket, jump right in no problems. Next summer comes around - she is terrified. She would scream and cry when we talked about going to the pool. When we went she would stand against the wall. We would try to coax her, we tried ignoring her, we showed her steps, we offered to carry her...nothing worked. It was this way even during the beginning of this year when we were at a hotel. Then about a month ago she went in my uncle's pool after watching the kids for a few hours. Well at this camp ground, she bugged my mom all day then when Jason and I arrived I decided to take her, we walked in the door and she dropped her stuff, flung her crocks off and ran right into the pool, not a single issue! So she swims for a few hours on Saturday, we go back on Sunday morning - she jumps in and starts to actually swim. Legs up and everything! I couldn't believe it. Now all she wants to do is go to the pool.
I couldn't get a good shot but she had her legs up and swimming. she was doing it with her head underwater too! so proud.

Jumping in. Now we are really brave.



Fish out of water.



This was a JellyStone park, based around Yogi Bear. This was his sidekick BooBoo!





Jason - my handsome husband!



Comments

Adriana said…
I'm so happy that O is enjoying swimming & the water! BTW, I'm so jealous that you guys went camping...we haven't been in over 2 years :-(

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.