Skip to main content

Handmade Tutus

To make a long story short my coworker came to work all excited over these adorable tutus she just bought for her girls online. She shows me this website of a very quaint little mom run baby boutique and she shows me these cute but rather basic tutus - however they were $40 each. OH MY! I couldn't believe it. Don't get me wrong, they were cute, but I would never in my right mind pay $40 for a tutu. So the Martha Stewart side of me kicked in, I went home and tackled the project myself....using over 90 yards of 6inch tulle I was able to make a darling tutu! Which I took to work and showed her. She LOVED it, and I told her I could sell them for $25 each....she ordered 4! and now I am in business. I have 10 orders that I am currently working on and I figured why not. It is easy for me to do, it doesn't take up too much of my time, and I can use the money I make to put towards the adoption.

With that being said...if any of you lovely blogger friends are interested. I am taking orders. Custom made to order, any color/colors you like. I add embellishments (a bow or flower attached with a claw clip) and I can even add things like small rhinestones/flowers/butterflies to the tutu as well. I have a few more pictures and ideas so just email me! candjwarchol@yahoo.com

I didn't realize I was going to be selling them when I first did it. I made 2 from the start and gave them to Olena and my niece Madison for her 1st bday. So I didn't get good pictures of each one. As I work on the newest orders I have, I will post more pictures.

Baby tutus: $20 (60 yards of tulle)
toddler/little girl: $25 -up to size 6/7 (90 yards of tulle)
young girl: $30




Baby Maddie (and her family) - this is made with lavender and pale pink tulle, there are little rhinstones scattered along the edges and it has a big pink satin bow at the waist with white poka dots.







She was not feeling cooperative this day while I tried to take a few pictures so this is the best I have to offer. This one is made with 90 yards. 30 of dark purple (2 inch tulle), 30 purple with sparkles (3 inch tulle) , 30 white (6 inch tulle.) This one has a bit more of a "messy" look to it because of the different widths of the tulling. I had a big purple gerber daisy for the waist but she didn't want it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The tutus are beautiful!!! I might have to order one for Edie :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.