Skip to main content

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel...

OK, so I have to admit something.... though I sounded so cool and collective in my post last week about Ukraine closing I have secretly been on an adoption hunt.  Prowling the Internet in all of my spare time and even staying up way too late. Just searching searching searching.  What are my other options? what other countries should we consider? reading blog after blog and agency sites galore. I have an inbox full of inquiries from practically every agency in the US.  Every day I have presented my husband with a new idea...Mexico, Costa Rica (I just wanted to go there because it sounded like a good vacation!), Colombia, Ethiopia, Bulgaria. On and On and On.  Well today He made me realize what a fool I really am.  I just couldn't be patient and wait for things to unfold could I???

So this morning I  received an email from a family in Ukraine. Looks like the SDA petitioned to stay open until a new agency is put into place.  The petition was approved, therefore the SDA will NOT be closing tomorrow and previously presumed!  Adoptions will continue of children who are age 5 and older, or special needs. 

With that being said...looks like the original plan is back on. Lesson learned silly monkey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm so happy that they are going to remain open!!! Such wonderful news for you and J as well as all the children waiting for new homes!!! XOXO

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.