Skip to main content
I was thinking the other day about how I never really share a lot of personal information about me or my family in general.  Of course due to some sort of privacy I chose to keep certain things off the Internet but then again, there are lots of things I could manage to share with all my friends in blogger world. I decided I would start by telling you all about some of the most important people in my life, and why I think they are so wonderful.


I am an only child.
I have a very limited number of "good" friends. 
I have LOTS of friends who I work with, talk to occasionally, or maybe have a lunch date with now and then.
but in truth, I have 2 true friends; and I am not ashamed of it. 
Having good friends is a lot of work - and I have a busy life.  I don't have time for drama and I especially don't take kindly to those friends who choose to whine because I don't pay enough attention to them.  I have found over the years it is much easier to keep the BFF list short. 

With that being said I would like to introduce Rickie Renee -
She is my best friend.  Very best friend.  The closest thing to a sister that a girl can have.
We met when we were 4 years old, in preK (the one and only class we EVER shared in our entire school career.)  and we have remained friends ever since. 
She is in all our family vacation photos, we have pictures of us together the first day of school every year throughout elementary,  we survived my family moving away and her moving out of the country, we went to college together and both left together.  There are only a handful of experiences that we have without the other.  She has been one of the most important people in my life without doubt.
One of the unique things about us is that we are COMPLETE opposites but that doesn't seem to bother either of us.  We completely accept each other flaws without problem, our friendship is completely effortless - which is something I have never experienced before and something that I find is very rare. Maybe we are soul mates?

We spent the Holiday weekend in Tennessee with her brother - SIL - and her newest little niece, Madison.   Watching  her with little Maddy reminded me of just how lucky I am and how Blessed Olena is to have her as an aunt.  Rickie is amazing in lots of ways but the thing that stands out to me most is her ability to love with her whole heart and soul.  I thank God everyday for this special "sister" who helps complete my fabulous life. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
You guys are more than best friends, you're definitely sisters! That's a great pic of Rickie!

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.