Skip to main content

First Day of "School"

Posted by Picasa
Well I wasn't fully prepared for the first day of school but all morning she kept asking me "can we do school today please!!", so I improvised and we worked with what we had. 
Unfortunately I waited until the last minute to order a few of her books and they have not come yet so we worked on Math (math-u-see) along with some reading review from Starfall. 
 It took her a few times to catch onto the Lesson in math but after about an hour she started to get comfortable with it.  I figured we will work on that Lesson one more time this week before going to the next.  As for Startfall, she breezed right through.  I am making her start back at the beginning for review from last year because we have not spent a lot time practicing our reading this summer.  I was happy to see how well she jumped back in. 
Last night we also started reading Jack London's White Fang.  She sat on her bed and looked through her picture books while I read aloud. The beginning is a bit over her head and uninteresting to her but I know as soon as we get to the parts with the dog she will start to listen a bit closer.  She LOVES dogs so I thought it would be a great story to start with.  Speaking of dogs....as you can see Luther wanted to review the math lesson as well this afternoon.  He never comes in her room so I have no idea why or what he was doing but she was pleased as punch to have him in there.  If you look at the picture on the bottom of the collage, you can see her her other "pet friends" laying on the bed watching her learn.  I am convinced she will be the new Crazy Croc Lady or at least maybe a vet! I can't wait to find out what the future holds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.