Skip to main content

The Window from which we look


A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.
The next morning while they are eating breakfast,

The young woman sees her neighbor hanging the wash outside.
"That laundry is not very clean", she said.
"She doesn't know how to wash correctly.
Perhaps she needs better laundry soap."

Her husband looked on, but remained silent.
Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,
The young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a
Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:

"Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
I wonder who taught her this."

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and
Cleaned our windows."

And so it is with life. What we see in our lives
Depends on the purity of the window through which we look


This was in my email the next morning after I boo-hooed in my last blog post! Believe it or not, the person who sent this does not know of my current "emotional instablity" LOL! I prayed for answers and it seems I got one.  I vow to clean all of my windows this weekend! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that! I'm going to have to post it on my desk!
Cynthia said…
I needed this, thanks so much for posting it! I think I may post it on my blog as well...I need to read this on a daily basis lately!! Keep us posted on how your window cleaning goes. ;-)
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com
Becky said…
Hi! I emailed you a few months ago, our daughter is from Nikolaev too! This year a bunch of us who have adopted from the Nikolaev baby house have decided to send the kids still there Christmas.
www.operationchristmasinnikolaev.blogspot.com

It will be great! The director and workers are all on board, and a group that volunteers at the baby house is taking care of everything on that end.

My email is justplainbeckyw@yahoo.com and our blog is
www.waitingforthegirl.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.