Skip to main content

Better Food, Better Body, Better Health

Tuesday (tomorrow) marks the start of a new begining for Jason and I.  We have decided to start the Nutrisystem Program in conjuction with juicing.  If you are not familiar with NS they mail you prepackaged astonaut food (not really but that is what it reminds me of) and with that you are suppose to eat lots of veggies and some fruit.  Instead of added that by eating it, we will juice instead!
We set everything up yesterday and had a practice run......EEEWWWW is all I can say about that.  I did manage to get it down but from this point forward I vow to use a recipe instead of just guessing.  We had way too much cucumber and lemon, very bitter and I burped up cucumber all day long!
This morning was carrot, apple and strawberry.... a much much better combination.  As for Olena, she loves it too.  She juiced her own cup of OJ this morning and drank some of what Jason made with the veggies.  I love that she is such a health food junkie!   Wish us luck. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck!!! I have a cookbook dedicated strictly to Juicing but it's currently in the Storage Unit! I think I have a couple of other recipes written down....I will pass them along to you!

Ben and I have been eating Vegetarian for a while and we are switching over to Vegan after watching "Forks Over Knives" - Wish us Luck!!!
Tonya said…
Landon told me that ya'll texted him the other day about juicing:). I hope it goes as well for you as it's going for him. He puts a granny smith apple and one lemon in with all the greens to make it palatable. The key word being palatable. I don't think you could make a green juice appetizing. Even the color is gross. Now the FRUIT juices I could drink all day. Those are amazing.

Also, I love your collage of O's first day of school:). She looks like she is having fun.
Nutrisystem said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Notice anything different?

A little accessory for her Aunt Rickie's wedding.  She kept telling us she wanted long hair like us for the wedding but we just never grew it out.  So voila! instant long hair! I do plan to make it look a lot nicer for the wedding.  Literally she walked in from playing in the sprinkler and I shoved it on her head.  Once her real hair is curled it will blend and look more uniform. I am proud at how well I matched the color, I was worried because I ordered it off line.  

Some pictures from Cloudland Canyon State Park.